I'm wondering just how many..........

by SillyPutty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

I'm wondering just how many "active" Elders are lurking on this board. Do any of you know if ANY are here?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Nopers, I don't keep in contact with active elders. Sorry, can't help ya.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I don't know of any on this board but there are two "active" elders in the local congregation who no longer believe in the WBTS, but stay in the Org for family reasons. Don't want to be shunned. I get to know about all the latest gossip in the congregation, as well as some pretty good "inside information" .

Spanner

Edited by - SpannerintheWorks on 19 October 2002 14:1:57

• SillyPutty
    SillyPutty

I was on this board for about a year before I had the guts to post. I heard a year in advance that the magazine subscriptions were going to be discontinued and couldn't tell anyone at the hall. If I did they would know I was on this board. Still going to the meetings, but hating every minute. Someeeeee dayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Sillyputty, do you want me to ask my two friends if they post on this board, or intend to?

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    Still going to the meetings, but hating every minute. Someeeeee dayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Be true to yourself, before you die inside and spend the rest of your life trying to dig up your own grave.

My thought

Dragon

• onacruse
    onacruse

SillyPutty, welcome to the board!

And, just like kenpodragon said.

An answer to your question: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38128&site=3

Craig

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

Wow there are a lot of EX elders here. That is great that they are seeing the true light instead of their never ending new light.

brandy

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I do not mean this to be critical.I know that it is hard to leave. I just hate to see you waste your life away. It is silly to go to all those boring meetings knowing that it is NOT the truth. You can just stop going and then they can do nothing to you. Is your whole family in the borg? I'm new here so I do not know people. I wish you luck in your departure.

brandy

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know one elder who lurks. Last year when my stepfather died, he sent me an email, telling me what a nice tribute I made to him on this board. He would have had no way to get my email otherwise, either. He was a former close friend of my brother.

He went to the memorial for him, and spoke there too. Still an elder. Occasionally, I send him a link or a quote. He replies once in awhile. Never has turned me in either. I know there are many things that bother him. Somehow, they are able to put things in compartments, and stay elders. Maybe he wants to reform things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit