Question and answers for fisherperson regardingy time at bethel

by _Morpheus 323 Replies latest jw experiences

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    So fisherperson sent me a PM asking a bunch of questions re my time at beth hell. Rather than respond in a PM i will post the Q/A here as i have nothing to hide. Here we go:

Q:What years did you serve in Brooklyn Bethel?
    A: between 1992 (end of the year) and 1994
    Q: What was your job assignment?
    A: i was assigned to and worked in the laundry at 360 furmen st and 119, times.
    Q: Who was your overseer?
    A: the most pompous asshat to ever oversee a department in brooklyn, steve edelman.
    Q: Where did you eat?
    A: at bethel.... Ha! Just kidding, i know what you mean... I think.... Breakfast was at 124. Lunch and dinner were open by that time and i usually ate at the bossert because it was close to work. If i was out on deliveries we ate where ever was closets.
    Q: What building did you live in? ?
    A: like most new boys i got shuffled around . Mostly 124 (community bathrooms and all) and a brief stint at towers.
    Q: What was in the basement of the 124?
    A: besides the dinning room and tunnels? You could hit the commissary as well... Besides that... I dont know what you are getting at that on this one. If there was something below the tunnels i never saw or went there.
    Q: What was on the top floor of the Squibb building?
    A: the roof...? Seriously no idea what your asking here. Never had any business in the offices. Just a laundry guy.
    Q: Was there a dining room in the towers and how many floors in the towers?
    A: dinning room..... Hmmmm good question and im kicking myself cause i can't recall. I was assigned to 124 for breakfast and ate at the bossert most days for lunch, on occassion 90 sans if we delivering laundry to that end of the world. Cant recall ever eating in towers. As for how many floors... For Thor sake fisherperson it was over 20 years ago. I have no recollection whatsoever how many floor there were.
    Q: what is the 58?
    A: one of those god forsake small residence buildings, 58 orange st i believe. No elevator. Nightmare to deliver to.
    Q: What is the 124?
    A: we already covered that. I lived there. Large dorm style residence building.

Fisherperson concluded: Just curious after reading your post

Now im curious..... When were u there?
  • DJS
    DJS

Ok, Fisherperson,

You can put the interrogation flashlight down now.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Fisherperson hand me that flashlight!

_Morpheus what was the general feeling like to work at Bethel? I mean if you work at IBM its more formal than Google for example. So what was the corporate culture like?

Were there any undercurrents in the 'company'? For example I used to work for a company where although it was all smiles for the clients, in the backroom everyone was on edge about layoffs.

Oh yes and if you answer untruthfully I've got these crocodile clips and this battery...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Bonus for fisherperson! Dig this momento i just pulled out from my bethel days. Bonus points for all ex bethelites who can tell me what went in these, specifically, and double super bonus points if you can tell me which color is missing (there should be three total, i purposly left one out of the pic)

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Damn the forum will not upload this pic nomatter what i try....

Corporate culture..... It was 20 years ago so take it in context, but it was a slave shop. There was a always a huge push to get laundry done, works late and weekends, do more blah blah.... We always smiled and stayed positive, i made a lot of good friends when i was there but ot was a hellacious environment. Sisters would go home crying because they were rude and mean to each other.... It could be a lot to deal with.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Sweatshop culture :)

"Sisters would go home crying because they were rude and mean to each other.... It could be a lot to deal with."

I bet the beatings continued way into the night.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Sounds to me like he didnt believe you were at bethel or is about to out you. Either way i'd have told it to gtfo.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Sisters would go home crying because they were rude and mean to each other.... It could be a lot to deal with.

Hey Morpheus, did you ever meet a sister named C. Apple? She was the queen of laundry and she is mean to the core.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

fisherperson

who is this?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    John, do you mean cynthia epple??? Oh yes i remember her

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit