Lonely in the panhandle of Texas

by StillDissedSis 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• StillDissedSis
    StillDissedSis

I have read this site many times, and I have even mentioned a few times before under the name DissedSis that I am from the panhandle area of Texas.....IE Amarillo area, and it seems that I can not find anyone else around this area that were witnesses in this area If you know anyone that is from this area or if any of you are from this area PLEASE let me know that I am not the only apostate around here...... I would like some sort of peace of mind

Lissa

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Lissa: I'm nowhere near Texas, but check out this site: http://exjw.meetup.com/

http://exjw.meetup.com/?localeId=13
    MEETUP Home | Photos & Stuff | Sign In
    Ex-Jehovah's Witness
    Amarillo, TX

International Ex-Jehovah's Witness MEETUP Day in 15 Days
    WHAT:
    The Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses community is a vibrant group of individuals from around the world that share a common interest in matters of successfully handling and enjoying life outside of the JW religion.
    WHO:
    Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses worldwide are invited. 1029 have signed up so far. Tell a friend.
    WHEN:
    Saturday, November 2 @ 5:00PM
    (1st Saturday of every month.)
    (Can't make it this month?)
    WHERE:
    Amarillo, TX and other cities.

Join other Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses near Amarillo, TX (Select a different city)

Where do you want to MEETUP? Vote for a venue:
    Outback Steakhouse, 7101 W Interstate 40, Amarillo, TX (map)
    Eastridge Lanes, 5405 E Amarillo Blvd, Amarillo, TX (map)
    Donut Stop, 1602 S Grand St, Amarillo, TX (map)
    cast your vote

To vote and receive updates:
    JOIN MEETUP HERE
    Already joined?

Frequently-asked Questions

WHO HAS SIGNED UP?
    Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Near Amarillo, TX: 4

*Todd - My name is Todd and I am from Hereford TX. I have been disassociated for about a year now. Please feel free to e-mail me, I would love to here from any of yall!! :-)
    rcos2 - I've been out for about twelve years or so. I know it was the right choice. e-mail [email protected]
    MsVictoria1223
    gabrick - Hello all, I just wanted to meet all the other ex witnesses in my area, and hope to find old friends!

-----
    You may select a locale adjacent to your current locale (Amarillo, TX)...
    *Abilene, TX
    *Clovis, NM
    *Dodge City, KS
    *Garden City, KS
    *Hobbs, NM
    *Lawton, OK
    *Liberal, KS
    *Lubbock, TX
    *Roswell, NM
    *Wichita Falls, TX

Home | HELP | Suggest a Venue | Suggest a Topic | About MEETUP
    2002, MEETUP, LLC. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. Privacy/Terms

Also, check out the list here: http://www.watchtowernews.org/findexjws.htm

---and---

Searching for Long Lost JWs and Ex-JWs

W E L C O M E !

If you are looking for a friend or loved one who is or was connected to the Jehovah's Witnesses, please post here: http://disc.server.com/Indices/46743.html
    You may want to put either a name or a geographical location in the subject line to improve the chances that your message will be read by someone who may have helpful information.
    Support Board
    www.support4xjws.org

Edited by - GRITS on 18 October 2002 6:17:14

• abbagail
    abbagail

One more idea... I did a "SEARCH" at this forum, typed in the word AMARILLO, and a few threads came back, particularly this one entitled "Where Are You?": http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=32891&site=3&page=2

On that page was this post:

Shutterbug
    Re: Where are you ?Jul 23, 2002 19:35
    Since: Jul 11, 2002
    Texas Panhandle, some 50 miles from Amarillo.

And in that same thread, "Navigator" said they were in Ft. Worth; and Jesika is in Dallas; and Yours Chelbie wrote she was in the Texas Gulf Coast, but moving north soon...

(You might want to do another SEARCH in this forum and use the word "TEXAS," and you'll probably find even more folks that way.)

HTH!
    GRITS

Edited by - GRITS on 18 October 2002 5:35:18

• Prisca
    Prisca

I know there are a few on this board who are in the Texas area - maybe on the weekend you'll get more responses.

If all else fails, you can always come and visit us in Australia. We like to use any excuse to have an Apostafest, even if a snail sneezes!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yo, I used to live in Woodward, OK. Not that far from the panhandle. Now I live in Pittsburgh. Which is my hometown. Go Stillers!

CZAR

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I keep threatening to move to Texas if I win Powerball - does that count? Probably not, I'm not an ex-Dub! LOL

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey dissed

*waves from Dallas*

• Valis
    Valis

Hey DissedSis! Don't forget we are having a gathering November 9th in Dallas. There will be over 25 of us from Texas and other states joining together for much bad association. Please check out this thread if you are interested in joining us. We would love to meet you and want you to know that you're always welcome among us on the board and in person. BTW, welcome to the board and watch out for the naughty sixofnine...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 18 October 2002 11:44:28

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm here in Austin.. and I believe Shutterbug is up near you! There are a few in San Antonio, too...

Hugs

CG

• david_10
    david_10

Hey Sis. Check your email.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit