_______hates Jws!

by NikL 14 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

The 19 jw kid who works for me brought this up (it would have happened before he was born.) He said his mother (who was the *earthy* type - I remember her, neat english woman) was at the famous John Denver concert when he asked all jw's to leave.

If it happened, I think the reasoning was: He was sooooo goody-to the earth type-just waiting for the clensing of the earth. I'll bet he was inundated with jw books, pamphlets, etc. Got tired of it - and reacted.

A sister I know went to Hawaii for convention back in 70's. Remember Don Ho - the lounge singer? They went to one of his shows. He mentioned the convention, and asked all witnesses to stand (very friendly style). They did (quite a few of them). He then sang Star Spangled Banner. They quickly sat down - he laughingly apologized.

With how the tennis girls reacted - it seems now they could have stood for it and put their hands over their hearts, right?

• riz
    riz

Englishman,

Was that acutal footage? LOL. Gotta love Monty Python

it's just a flesh wound,
    riz

• LDH
    LDH

I can't believe you guys forgot Earth Wind and Fire, whose music wouldn't 'play right' if JWs were in attendance; therefore they were asked to leave!

• joelbear
    joelbear

In Georgia, It was John Denver who was on the tonight show and asked JW's to stand up and then sang the star spangled banner to them. He was also rumored to have asked witnesses to leave his concerts.

Bing Crosby was also rumored to hate witnesses. I read a National Enquirer article one time that said Penny Marshall was sueing her witness husband for custody of their kids.

hugs

Joel
    www.joelbear.com

• unanswered
    unanswered

riz and i were laughing about john denver the other day, now i don't care about him hating jws, but i agree with riz's assement of his music. i think the thing i always hated the most about j. denver was his hair! i hope one of my friends will shoot me if i ever have that haircut-riz remember this, please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit