help! my son is going to the th. night meeting...

by kaykay_mp 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

...with my mom! should i:

a) grab his left arm tightly while my mom grabs his right arm, with me saying, "over my dead body!"?

or

b) not even care, since i would like one evening without hearing, "mine!" "mommy! juice! mine!" "waaaahhh! noooo!"

or

c) tell her, "you two have fun" and think of the wholesome environment my 2-year-old is taking in.(yeah right.)

exercise your right to vote! its close to election day anyway!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Need more info! Your subject line says your son IS going. Is that decision already made? Who made it? If he IS going and there's nothing you can do, then option (A) is unavailable.

If there still is a chance though, I'd say try to rescue him! You're the mommy, you have the decision. I vote (A), even though (B) sounds a little appealing. (C)? gag me.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

This is a two-year-old we're talking about? Why does your mother get an equal say in where your two-year-old goes? I think the answer is simply, "Sorry, he's not going". You are the parent, not her.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

That's exactly what I was thinking, why can't you just tell her no she's not going. She has no right to grab him, and force him to go against your will.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I agree, if you dont want him to go I'd tell her - he is your baby.

Also, if he is anything like mine was at two - sitting through one 2 hour meeting trying to get him to sit still and be quiet may put her off taking him again

• pandora
    pandora

I have to agree. You have every right to say NO to your child going anywhere near a Kingdom Hall. Another thing to think about,,,. Your son is two years old. How is he going to act at a Kingdom Hall? If he puts up a fuss at having to be quiet for so long, what kind of discipline will he recieve? Is that discipline sanctioned by you, his mother? I know time alone sounds great, but think of what your son would have to sit thru. He won't know or care what is going on, unless he makes too much noise. I don't know how your mother is with your son, but I have seen too many children beaten for goo gooing to loud during a meeting.

Just a thought
    -P(J)

• JT
    JT

Was this suppose to be trick question or what??

• nilfun
    nilfun

Once my mom asked when was she going to be able to
    take my two year old to the KH.

I just laughed good-naturedly and told her I would let her know.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

A Thursday night meeting is held at a time that is WAY past a two-year-old's bedtime. I can't believe your mother would even suggest taking him at that hour.

You're the mother. YOU decide on your child's religious upbringing and YOU decide when and where your child will go.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Please don't. It'll start a trend.

"Why not, I've taken him before?"

Don't you take any guff from her. Just tell her no.

Good luck.

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit