Did One Of Your Favorite JW's Leave The Truth?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Lately, more and more people are leaving "the truth". Did anyone affect you to also consider leaving "the truth"?

• minimus
    minimus

2 friends of mine suddenly resigned as elders because of discouragement or doubts. This did affect me so that within a few months I also continued the "trend".

• jurs
    jurs

I didn't leave because of anyone else who had left. Although, a sister I knew DA'd herself about a year before I left. I was very curious how she could doubt that this was the "truth". I even saw her in a store and went up and said "hi", even though I wasn't suppose to. I was so curious! She looked at me as if I had 3 heads and said Hi back and then made a get away as fast as she could. It was a moment that stayed with me, when other events happened that made me doubt as to wether it was the truth or not I thought about alot of things that didn't feel right. I wanted to call that sister but didn't know at that time how to reach her............. jurs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yes. My best friend, Nina. I waited 14 years for her to make up her mind. She knew I was right, and she knew that what was coming down from Brooklyn was nonsense, but it took her that long to actually take the leap. I'm glad I waited.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, I had a buddy who said "Dammit, I just fell out of the truth & I sprained my ankle!"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good one, Avishai! And welcome to the board. If you want, start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

The person who influenced my departure the most,
    is not and never was a witness.

He was just a loving person.

• blondie
    blondie

No point in following people whether it be inside or outside the KH. I feel each one has to make their own decision based on the facts and their personal experiences.

• Disengaged
  • gumby
    gumby

Nope......I did it all by myself. When someone did "fall away" it was BIG NEWS though. People would say..." did you hear about so and so? they turned apostate". I Remember when Ray Franz left and that shocked me. I think that stayed in the back of my mind while I was a dub and I always wondered why he left.

I wish I knew if some of my old friends have gotten out, it would be nice to hook up with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit