July 19th Watchtower Summary. Insanity

by Lemonp 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

sir82 seems to want a 5000 square foot McMansion with several acres of fruit trees, with a water view AND a mountain view.

yeah, on page 23, the daydreaming retired mason dreams of building his dream mansion with not a trace of human presence within a 20 km mountain view. wow! and that with perhaps 15 billion resurrected?

He wants not to be bothered, : no!!! to all these "new earth" neighbours.

Perhaps wt reasons that Armageddon will convert every plain into a many folded mountain range with lakes.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    They've been saying that for a long time. I remember, 40 years ago, the elder who studied with me saying that you had to picture yourself in "The New Order" in order to keep up your faith.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    JW_Rogue

In paragraph two it mentions a young girl imagining she is flying on a butterfly. It then states that this is an example of a mere fantasy. Wouldn't petting a lion, living for eternity, reverse aging and rising from the dead be similarly ridiculous? I mean if there was a scale of incredible unbelievable things that could happen they would all be a 10. It is only by manipulating the authority of a book written thousands of years ago that you can get anyone to believe any of this.

Amazing quote!! Spot on!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember a sister who said that the oceans will no longer exist in order to fit the many resurrected ones. Of course, doing the math - oceans have three times the area of land masses - will still not allow for much of a drastic population increase.

I do remember the Aid to Bible Understanding book giving a plausible scenario as to how a resurrection of tens of billions of people would be able to live in Paradise. It was probably one of Raymond Franz's contribution since he had a good head on his shoulders.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Blues Brother:

The fact that their paradise is to be achieved on the back of the slaughter of billions of helpless men, women and children seems to bother them not a jot.

Great Comment! Yes killing billions in order to fulfil someone's paradise fantasy seems so wonderful!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

JW_Rogue:

"So by virtue of being born in those cultures these ones are pretty much doomed according to JWs."

Their reasoning goes that they weren't expecting to be resurrected into such a magnificent paradise so they will be more likely to convert from their previous faith.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    A bit off topic but think about the resurrected ones in this sense: the dubbies claim most of them wont accept the "truth".... So wait a second..... They get brought back from the dead into paradise bit still dont believe the desert is the "true" god...? The whole concept is stupid. As stupid as this article. The sumary that its more touchy-feely and less logic than ever is dead on. Its all designed around emotion now
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"If we visualize what God has promised to do, we are thinking about something that will definitely happen."

Sounds like The Secret.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Vidiot - Sounds like The Secret.

LOL! Brilliant. So true. The bread-and-butter of religion is "wish-craft" - i.e. the idea that one can manifest an idea into reality through sheer will and/or "faith". The demonstrably bad idea that if one thinks of it, it can be so. That all you need to do is have "faith" (i.e. believe despite lack of evidence for, or the evidence against, the belief). Anyone else see the problem with this? Anyone else notice this is what EVERY religion/belief system requires? Anyone else see why "faith" is not a path to reality and truth?

On a side note, to me, "The Secret" (and stuff like it) is just"faith" dressed up in a pseudoscience lab coat (and glasses) to make it look respectable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Believe it or not, it actually has its origins in "Prosperity Gospel" theology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit