July 19th Watchtower Summary. Insanity

by Lemonp 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

Just got back from the WT Study and it overall was just so blindingly biased and leading.

I had to read it from the platform too, I hope they couldn't see the confounded look on my face as I read this craziness out!

First we consider the faith of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and Moses.

All of these people are held up as sterling examples of blind faith, with the article pointedly saying that their imaginations sustained their faith in gods promises for them.

No mention anywhere at all that all of these characters saw and talked to angels, spoke to god himself, saw and performed miracles, or any of the other feats experienced by these characters.

No, according to the article the greatest drive for these ones was the faith they had because of this: "If we visualize what God has promised to do, we are thinking about something that will definitely happen."

Abraham et al get 4 paragraphs worth of discussion. No mention of Abraham's immense wealth, or that he was literally surveying the country that was promised to him. No, he did it because "It is likely that Abraham’s ability to form a mental picture of what God had promised enabled him to perform outstanding acts of faith."

A great side note on this subheading is the emphasis placed on the fact that they "did not receive the fulfillment of the promises in their lifetime". HINT HINT Brothers don't expect to see this in your lifetime!

Moses gets the same rundown in paragraphs 11-13.

These 3 end with this gem: "Even when Pharaoh threatened Moses with death, his faith, love for God, and likely a mental picture of a bright future strengthened him to face the threat courageously."

Haha... NO! I'm pretty sure having had a conversation with god and then making various plagues occur at will gave him this courage. No imagination needed.

Now we get to the best part. Paragraphs 14-18. How nowadays we can follow these example of blind faith (as portrayed by the article, that is)

Paragraph 14: "Such hopes of those who ignore Jehovah’s purpose for the future are mere fantasies." Yes, don't try to bother getting a good job, stuff like that is fantasy.

Paragraph 15: "On the other hand, as Christians we are encouraged by visualizing our hope... Perhaps you “see” yourself living on earth forever. Think about cooperating with others in making this globe into a paradise... You are healthy, energetic, and have a bright outlook." Yes, these ideas are reality!! "This appealing mental picture is based on Scriptural truths about the future."

Paragraph 16-18: Wrapping up saying we have to tell others about these wonderful "truths"

Just WOW.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Paragraph 15: "On the other hand, as Christians we are encouraged by visualizing our hope... Perhaps you “see” yourself living on earth forever. Think about cooperating with others in making this globe into a paradise... You are healthy, energetic, and have a bright outlook." Yes, these ideas are reality!! "This appealing mental picture is based on Scriptural truths about the future."

“The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.” - Benjamin Franklin

Personally I visualize a world where the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have been raptured to heaven. In fact if I shut my eye of reason this appealing mental picture is based on Scriptural truths about the future.

"Soon, very soon!" ... since 1879.

• coalize
    coalize
    To, paraphrase what Plato said, reason gives knowledge and faith gives dreams...
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

So glad of our decision months ago, never to attend a Sunday meeting again!

I genuinely couldn't stomach the "indoctrination hour" which is portrayed as "worship"!

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

Also forgot this one from paragraph 4:

"Whatever Abel may have visualized regarding the future, he had faith based on God’s promise, and Jehovah therefore accepted his sacrifice."

So brothers, don't worry about what you believe! Just make sure you believe!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the usual , they just make it up as they go along
  • coalize
    coalize
    So brothers, don't worry about what you believe! Just make sure you believe!

I think you have the point.

Great summary of WTBTS "thinking".

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Lol! Somebody up in the Tower has been reading too many pop psychology books.

"Guided imagery".

It is the foundation of pop cult books like "The Secret".

Hahaha!

Ohhhh....just sit back....close your eyes....and imagine....lalalalalalalala.......visualize the future....look at the watch.........visualize.......keep your eyes on the watch.....getttingggg sleeeeeeppppyyyyyyyyyy,

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

These simplified and pathetic articles are just the clutching, grasping, desperate attempts of the drowning creature to save itself. The article is writen by the delusional followers of the delusional Septa-pope, who themselves are merely feeble decedents of past followers of other men's imaginations.

This horrible article seems to be aimed at the Elderly who are now too weak, mentally and emotionally, to leave the ORG. After decades of misquoting their savior, they now have to ask, " where else would we go?"

Remember that "Mother" is an entity, and it shares a symbiotic relationship with many parasitic life-forms. They all want to live, but will they finally be selected for extinction?

Any who lack the reasoning needed to see through these ignorant, infantile, imaginings, may be headed to extinction as well. Time will tell if the WTBTS survives by evolving, or simply passes away like so many sects before it. One thing is certain, visualization techniques alone will not save the ORG.

JWs are imagining that Hebrews 9:26,27 does not exist. Their unique experiences at their own "END" will be soon, and most likely terrifying.

DD

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey lemonparty, if you disliked the study article (and I liked your take), you'll appreciate this article about it too:

http://meletivivlon.com/2015/07/14/wt-study-they-saw-the-things-promised/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit