Who Is Joseph F. Alward & What's He About?

by Francois 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JanH
    JanH

Frank,

What you write is a thorough falsehood. Einstein's views of religion remained pretty consistent all through his adult life. He never believed in a personal god, and was certainly not a theist.

Though Einstein generally avoided calling himself an atheist, his views were entirely consistent with what me and other atheists believe. He did not believe in god, and vehemently denied the lie propagated by Christians both then and now.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." (Albert Einstein in Albert Einstein: The Human Side' edited by Helen Dukas (Einstein's secretary) and Banesh Hoffmn, and published by Princeton University Press)

- Jan

Blogging at Secular Blasphemy
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jan,

I posted the same quote in response to the same claim by Frank yesterday in the thread Does God Deceive Us?#

Evidently, he didn't read my response or chose to ignore it.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Yes, I too, noticed that Frank made the same assertion yesterday. Yet, the correction doesn't seem to have filtered through to him yet.

At least he has learned how to spell Einstein.

• Valis
    Valis

Strike can leave Norwegians parched

http://blogs.salon.com/0001561/

Brewery workers walked out on strike Wednesday morning, beginning an industrial action that can soon leave thirsty Norwegians without their beloved colas, mineral waters and beer.

JANH say it aint so!!!!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JanH
    JanH

Derek,

Yeah, I know. I keep those references handy, since some fundy seems to post that nonsense every two days

Valis,

It's horrible, but it's true! Luckily, we were pre-warned and stocks are solid.

- Jan

Blogging at Secular Blasphemy
  • detective
    detective

While I pretty much share the same type of thinking as Alward on the bible, he might want to check out a book Called "walking the bible". I haven't read the book myself, but I did catch part of a lecture by the author in which he addressed the whole food falling out of the sky miracle and the manna miracle. It seems there are certain migratory patterns of birds that would explain the food falling out the sky dilemma.
    The author also talked about going to the temple that was erected around the burning bush. Apparently, just near the bush in question, there is a fire extinguisher. Hmmmm.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

JA seems to think that if the bible isn't a book of historical facts then it can't have come from God. Well, so it's his perogative to think that - but JA pushes it too, enough to make me wonder if there's something about it that he hates - did he think it was facts at one time? Is the bible not what he wanted? Or is he just too flabbergasted at fundamentalists to keep it all in perspective anymore?

Tell us JA.

paduan

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If Joseph Alward doesn't believe in God and the Bible, then no one should. Or so he thinks. He thrives on trying to find contradictions (or what he perceives as contradictions) in the Bible so he can "expose" Christianity, the Bible and Jesus. But have no fear, Christianity, the Bible and Jesus will still be here after Joseph Alward is long gone.

• gumby
    gumby

Kenneson,

But have no fear, Christianity, the Bible and Jesus will still be here after Joseph Alward is long gone.

Well damn, that takes the pressure off. Jesus has been around alot longer than Joey too. Trouble is.....what does he do and where is he? A guy like him should be able to fix the worlds problems wouldn't ya say?

I guess we can wait another 2000 of shit and suffering.....I'm sure he'll show up.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gumby,

Since Jesus doesn't fix the world to your likings, why don't you and Joseph do it? Jesus has fixed me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit