Who Is Joseph F. Alward & What's He About?

by Francois 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I refer to the post below about women, with which I and many others take great exception. Who is this guy, why is he saying these things, what is he getting at, am I missing something?

francois

• Simon
    Simon

He tends to write a lot about 'christianity' and his site contains a lot of interesting articles I think.

• og
    og

He is a master of the bloody obvious.

• og
    og

Simon is being generous with the word "interesting", IMNSHO.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I refer to the post below about women, with which I and many others take great exception. Who is this guy, why is he saying these things, what is he getting at, am I missing something?

He's saying that the Bible teaches that women are inferior to men, and supports this assertion by numerous quotes. If you "take great exception" to this, the best thing to do is to demonstrate that the Bible does not teach such a thing. Good luck!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Here's something that JA wrote a few days ago. It may lend some insight.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38386&site=3

I think you're on the right track, PlmKrzy. I find it endlessly fascinating that a book which so obviously is just a collection of fables about Yahweh, and fictional tales about Jesus, could be thought to be the word of a god. How could it be that otherwise intelligent persons would willingly choose to believe a book in which we find lying snakes, argumentative donkeys, wizards, witches, demons, suns standing still, sticks turning into snakes, a god talking from inside a burning bush, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and, besides that, a god which orders the murder of suckling babes? It is simply amazing how stupid we all can be about some things.

I believe the Bible was never intended by its authors to be taken to be literally true. This is obvious right from the start, in the first two chapters of Genesis, where the editors respectfully placed two completely different stories of the creation, one right after the other, in order not to offend the two different cultures from which the two different stories arose. I present a wealth of other evidence that the Bible is not the word of a god on my web site "A Skeptical View of Christianity and the Bible,"

Andee

• nilfun
    nilfun

His Second Platooon Stories were very interesting reads

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

At the start Einstein was an atheist.Then as he moved on in life he began to study the universe as a whole.So at the out come of his life he realized that the universe in such a perfect order had to have a creator.

A house...it needed a designer......A car..it had it's creator.And to say,"man," had no creation is the foolishness of all.

Einstein went from atheist to a theoist.He knew there was someone out there more smarter them himself So this Joseph should go back to the book and re-read it.

• og
    og

Einstein remained an adamant atheist his entire life. His comment about 'god and dice' is nearly always taken out of context.

• og

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit