Has the watchtower lost its grunts?!

by unclebruce 21 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

we gotta cook 'em slowly TR .. like a frog on the stove

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Unc,

I could just visualize the entire scene. The tug between your brain cell's...right or left.....1 or 2....was downright deja vu. I to this day after 20 some years still feel that tug of wills, whenever the inevitable car load of Saturday morning 'time keeper's', rolls down my driveway.

Do I answer the door, or do I do them the big favor of not answering? I really know they want me not to be home, so I give into them......letting the door bell ring unanswered. Thier uninterupted conversation about some congregational rumor or deep elder issue, just continues as they slowly retreat back to the car. Ahhh another not at home.....ooops they didn't even write it down. Shit I don't even rate a notation!!

Your story was just the nite cap I needed. All this serious shit goin on around here, can make a fella lose all sense of humor.

"building a stone wall eh?"--------no you moron Iam just stacking stones to past the time, dingbat!

BearlyContained.

Loved this story.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wednesday ..LOL I spent the last 13 years wishing i was somewhere else .. thank the god of small mercies i finally am somewhere else physically, spiritually and in every other way we played all sorts of little games to make door to door work more interesting .. did i say moreinteresting?

unclebruce who lost interest after puberty

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Dannybutt,

Why not install microphones on yer porch and record their conversations .. that'd be real interest'n ...NOT!

unclebruce

SS Melow is what JW's are made of

• Simon
    Simon

I liked that exchange unclebruce, very funny.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Geez that was funny....makes me wanna be a JW in the outback, sorta!

You have a way with words Unclebroose, quite amusing...my minds eye could picture the bricks, the view, the sugarbag publisher and the other one, even the goddam car LOL. Were they swatting flies with their hands and talking with a nasalie accent?? Yup, must be outback hoovahs in them pooh brown suits and surfboard ties with that laid back 'she'll be right cobber' approach LOL. I bet they've put you down as a return visit cos you didn't say 'be gone hoovah'. Write next week and tell us what they're wearing at their next visit

~Beck~

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Just giv'em the magazine and leave, in a hurry, no discussion what-so-ever!

That was pretty much MY field service activity toward the end.

I did'nt even want to open the rag and look at it myself, I was so disgusted with the content.

CornerStone

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

uncle flippin buck !

Bro sugarbag : " thats a nice rock "

There is no doubt here, that to anyone that knows anything about this scenario, thats the shit hottest most bloody laugh extorting singularity of any form, ever posted on the internet .

Your innate wit brings much pleasure to this tired old aching heart of mine.

Count me in for support to the bring back Rev Hollingworth movement.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Bathroy,

Your to funny man. The rock comment was hilarious.

One thing most former jw's can do.........is sell.......make some of the best imo. If you can bullshit over a 'nice rock' and convince someone to contribute a dime (or is it a quarter now?) for the rags, you can sell rocks to the quarry!!!!

LMAO.

Danny

• benext
    benext

Lost in all this is the skillful way the brothers tried to find common ground with the householder. They noticed his rocks, one even commented on building a wall. And they left him in a good mood for their next visit. Can't you just see this demonstrated at the Service Meeting or maybe even an Assembly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit