Pinpoint a Pedophile

by silentlambs 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Silentlambs:

I have only recently gotten to know about this horrible, discusting problem in the org. and each day I'm finding our more about how widespread it is and I still have a lot to read about.

My first reaction was utter shock that this too could be added to the heap of wrongs being carried out in the name of "being the one and only true org. of God". (I guess I shouldn't be so naive)

Question:
    How do you answer those in the position of authority in the cong. and on up to the final decision-making level, who say, everyone who expresses repentance deserves to be forgiven either by not df'g them or by reinstating them after the required time of penance when df'd?

Is that the reason they give for allowing these perverts to remain in the congs. or are they trying to not make waves in the non-witness world or what? I don't know enough about the org's. stand on this.

Sorry if I seem uninformed on this...I have a lot of reading to do on the websites that carry these facts.

Had Enough

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I think you question would best be answered by reading my letter of resignation posted on silentlambs website. Mercy is truly a godly quality as well as love in behalf of anyone who has made a mistake and wants to do the right thing. The problem with the wt policy does not lay in this area. Two witnesses are required to establish a matter within a judicial committee, this also applies with regard to child molestation. As a rule there are never two witnesses to an act of child molestation, as a rule 99% of child molesters will lie when confronted. When this happens the congregation elders then declare the pedophile innocent until proven guilty and threaten the victims with disfellowshipment if they try to warn anyone else in the congregation. Do you see a problem with this? In my opinion this results in pedophiles being protected on a grand scale within the organization with multiple children being molested. I have personally heard figures as high as 60 witness children molested by one pedophile in good standing. If you read the stories of the victims it would seem to substaniate this conclusion. It is one thing to extend mercy to a person who has repented of wrongdoing and is wiling to take steps to never repeat the offense, it is quiet another to protect a lying pedophile who simply wants to stay out of jail and have access to more children. There are many other issues with this matter, but i think this answers your question and hopefully helps see the basis for why this problem is so large. Remember wear a mint green ribbon in April.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit