My mail man is a JW

by butalbee 30 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

I worked for the Fed. Gov. for several years and I had brothers telling me that I was working for the beast!! LOL

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

My wifes uncle was a mail-carrier. He used to be an elder too

• butalbee
    butalbee

OMG. I'm not gonna flash him...Yuck.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Does he know you? If he does then be wary of him. Don't put it past a dub to use a position like that against you. I'd suggest getting a P.O. box for any mail you don't want him to see (or even possibly intercept).

Mike.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I wouldn't hide anything or incur any more costs as it relates to my mail.

I'd have his a$$ FIRED if I can prove that he did anything other than put my mail in my mailbox.

• Salud
    Salud

My father worked for the US Postal Service for 25 years. Most of this time serving as an elder. So whoever says that Witnesses can't work for the Federal government is flat out WRONG!! They can even work for the FBI, CIA, and the President even. What is prohibited is carrying a weapon or holding an elective office of some sort.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    I didn't think witlesses could be mail carriers, have gov. jobs, etc.

This is one of those posts that makes me question whether this is really a xJW board!

Yes! JWs work for the Post Office. They also work for the Federal Government, the State Government, they're doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, photographers, jounalists and yes, even your garbage man!

IW

Edited by - IslandWoman on 15 October 2002 19:51:42

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Several of my JW relatives have held positions with various city and county governments. Actually, I think those environments tend to be much more tolerant of their "unusual" views because of the desire to be "diversified".

Andee

Edited by - BeautifulGarbage on 15 October 2002 19:59:16

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Larc says:

My good buddie, Yadirf is a retired postal worker and a JW.

That's right. Here's a favorite snap-shot taken of me and one of my cozy little 4-legged friends prior to my retirement ...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yadirf:

LOL !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit