Did you burn the sacred documents?

by LovesDubs 23 Replies latest jw friends

• unanswered
    unanswered

i understand all your thoughts, but i'm with ozzie and a few others-i keep references and didn't stop my jw mother-in-law from getting rileygurl and i a sub. to the mag.s. this way i have their falsehood right at my finger tips just in case i need it. i used to not want any of it in my house, but then i realized i might need it for a proper defense if a family member ever got to the point where they would have an "apostate" discussion with me.-nate

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

Hello LovesDubs,

I'm also with Ozzie and Unanswered in that I kept refference material but through the repetitive stuff away. My excuse to my wife was that we had the WT cd's so we did not NEED to have the clutter of the society's litter-ature. Ofcourse, the more litter-ature you have the more spiritual you are suppossed to be; RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! To me and mabey to you, throwing those lying books away was like breaking chains from your wrist and ankles. I would have burned them like they did to those spiritistic books in the Bible but that would have been a little bit suspiceous-looking to my wife. I will be glad when me and her are together free from this insidious, high controll, corporate empire.

CornerStone

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I suppose I should add to this that because my husband is still a JW we still had all HIS copies of this...er...STUFF...laying around the house. And EBAY would never accept my copies of anything which were all written on and studied to death, and hardly pristine for sales. I had to destroy my OWN connections to the cult and anything that had their name on it and MINE had to be destroyed to accomplish that.

My copy of the CD rom disappeared mysteriously after I DA'd. :)

Its pretty worthless anyway.

• TR
    TR

Hi Lovedubs.

I sent all mt WT literature to freeminds.org. I took my annoyances out on the elders that came to my house. Man, talk about grimaces, winces and blank stares on their faces!

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit