Trying to figure things out!

by RecoveringISFJ 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Welcome, your story reminds me of a friend who had been going to his hall for over 20 years then his wife was unfaithful and he stopped going to meetings mostly, because he was no longer mentally motivated to go especially out in service. His mind being screwed up over what happened to him with his wife. Any way no friends called or came by to see how he was doing, only a few of the elders and one even accused him of doing something wrong since he was not at the meetings. Wow what loving encouragement, it woke him up and he now sees it for what it really is. My point is there is really no friends in this cult, just mutual victims.
  • goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Welcome to the Board...keep strong. i am in a similar boat. this cult is slowly destroying my marriage. i too started talking with a counceller. baby steps.

joining this cult was the worse mistake of my life...if i could turn back time!

shalom

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to the board!

Once you figure out the truth isn't the truth things become much more clearer about the farce of a religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses and when you figure out the Watchtower Society is just a corporation which has managed to fool the governments into believing it is a charitable, nonprofit organization you'll see even more hypocrisy and shady business deals conducted under the guise of religion.

• cofty
    cofty
    Welcome. You are on a journey to a new life. It may take time to find your way and make new friends but you will get there. Best wishes.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome thanks for your story. It was really interesting to read, I am so sorry your wife was unfaithful and you are going through so much. Well done for your recovery so far you sound like you have put a lot of effort into it.

Kate xx

• RecoveringISFJ
    RecoveringISFJ

Crazyguy, wow almost identical to what's happening to me! One time at the hall an elder told me "when you're not here we worry". Yeah, sure then why no call or visit. No one called just to see how I was or if I need anything, just the same old "you need to be here"! Oh wait, I did get a call. A few people needed computer help! Can you believe that! I have to say I've been lurking on this board for awhile now and now I realized the need to make a choice and not go. My therapist told me that for the first time I'm starting to question everything since my world has been rocked. I have been more vocal about things.  I for one started seeing the evidence that something was wrong.  I had to make the change so my children will have a future.

i do recall a surprise visit, out of the blue, but yes it was not to encourage but to say I'm keeping myself from getting blessed, not how am I doing.  Way too many guilt trips and they think this is love?  Thank you all for your kind posts.  I'm starting to see a lot more new people posting.  I guess a lot of us are starting to see the real light now.  It got brighter for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit