*SNEEZES"...Should I say Bless You???? lol

by curiouschristy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

In Italy they say, salute (sa lu' tay) which means "GOOD HEALTH". I read above that the german translation is the same. I wonder what other countries say>

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Gesundheit meant..."God Bless you"? It doesn't? I will have to look that up!

Also..bless you is from "God Bless you".

I asked J W hubby (Who had a good day today!)and he said..."Because you aren't supposed to "Bless" somebody!...(Course he was walking in his sleep... So I told him I want an answer tomorrow!..

To furthur this along...One time a while back I told somebody "Good Luck" in front of my JW Mother -in-law..and she promptly corrected me in front of everone (She loves to do that) and said..."Good Fortune" not "Good Luck "....I'm still trying to figure out the difference?...Anyone??

Golden Girl.....

• minimus
    minimus

demons can occupy your soul.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Behold Lord Ganesh, the God of Good Fortune. Guess JW can't say "good fortune" anymore.

• myself
    myself

*SNEEZES"...Should I say Bless You????...

I don't see anything wrong with it. The important thing however is to let them know if they need to wipe thier nose afterward.

• benext
    benext

I always thought it was due to the superstition angle. When I sneezed at work and someone said it I would just say thank you. If they would sneeze I would say nothing. The next time I sneezed they would say nothing. It's just something that has no point. If someone tripped would you say it? Got a paper cut? If someone were to say it at the meeting they would definately be looked at strangely at the very least.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I remember early in my attempted barinwashing bible studies, someone sneezed and I of course said, 'god bless you' and everybody just starred at me like I had green goo all over my face. I think it's rude not to say it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit