Witnesses Now For Jesus - Who's Going?

by NeonMadman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

After the battlefield that the last thread on this subject turned into, I'm almost afraid to post this, but it would be nice to see how many of you I might expect to see this weekend.

WNFJ is the original ex-JW convention; this weekend (Oct. 18-20) will be the 24th year.It is definitely Christian in orientation, and features, music, prayer and talks on a variety of topics relating to JW's and Biblical Christianity. More info: http://pfo.org/2002xjwc.htm

So --- will you be there?

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Neonmadman,

My son, former son-in-law, and I will be leaving Thursday morning for Pennsylvania, God willing.

See you there.

Borgfree

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I plan on attending.

FreeFallin

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Madman,

I was planning on it.....not sure now. I'll make a decision on Thurs. My dad is sick. Fran from towerto truth.net is in the same boat with a sick relative. He is unsure now, as well. Time will tell.

Mouthy is going

Brynmichmom is going

Oreo is going

dang it, I got one of those...blank spots in my head again.........hate that!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I went to PA in 98, 99 and 2000 and had a wonderful time! What a breathtaking place to spend a fall weekend and sing and EAT and EAT and oh...did I say eat? With some great people! I wish I could go...my hugs and love to all there!

LovesMeNot

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

DJ, that's really distressing news, I was looking forward to seeing both you and Fran there. Hope you can both still make it.

Loves, I remember meeting you there in 2000; I believe you introduced yourself as a "chatroom terrorist"!

Everyone else, can't wait to see you!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

How is it themed?

Is it a very religous event?

Personally, I am wary of anything religious, even if it is a stictly ex-JW event. How was it for you guys?

ash

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Wow, thanks for having an event just for me but unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Dad and I are going over to Satan's place to play Nintendo.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Ashitaka,

It is Christian centered.

How was it for you guys?

Really, for me it changed my life. I had lost almost all of my family. I now feel most of those several hundred people I have met there, are family to me.

If you do not care for the religious part, just enjoy the fellowship with people who have been where you have been, and will show you unconditional love.

Borgfree

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    How is it themed?
    Is it a very religous event?

Yes, ashi, it's definitely a Christian event. There are songs, prayers, and much talk of the Bible and Jesus. Nonetheless, a lot of people who are not Christians do go, for the purpose of gathering with other ex-JW's and talking to others who have been down the same path. It's a beautiful facility, the food is good, and everyone is welcome. The actual program, along with links to directions and other info, can be found by following the link I posted above in this thread.

Admission is free, lodging and food are extremely reasonable (it usually costs me under $200 total for three nights' lodging and all meals - bring your own sheets and pillowcases, though). I usually end up spending more on literature and tapes than on lodging and food.

Incidentally, it's not an all-or-nothing deal. You can go to a single session if you want, and if it makes you uncomfortable, nothing says you have to stay. After all, it costs nothing to walk in. If you do come and go, though, be sure to find me and introduce yourself while you're there.

Edited by - NeonMadman on 14 October 2002 15:26:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit