A very bad day

by RedhorseWoman 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Today I arrived at work thinking that this would be a day like any other. It has been anything but. It
    has been a combination of joy, sorrow, and relief.

My niece in New Mexico left me a message this morning. My sister died yesterday. The whole situation
    is very confused. My sister had caused major schisms in our family, to the point that everyone was
    left alienated and reeling.

Physical abuse, mental abuse, emotional abuse, and manipulation were her tools of the trade.

I had kept a relationship with my nephew after my sister decided she no longer wanted a son, and we
    both finally established contact with one of his sisters about two years ago. The third sister, however,
    was impossible to track and we could find no information.

My emotions are running the gamut from joy to sorrow today. Joy in that I have finally re-established
    contact with my remaining niece and her husband and son (whom I have never met), sorrow in the
    loss of my sister, relief in that her reign of terror is over, sorrow that she could never get past her
    pride and arrogance to try to heal the wounds.

I'm hoping that this weekend I will get a chance to reunite with a niece I have not seen in eight years.
    We'll hopefully be able to work together through this, and we'll hopefully once again have a small, but
    whole family unit.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Redhorse,
    Sorry, so very, very, sorry for your loss. The loss of a sister while living, and the loss of your sister in death.
    It is good that you will now be able to reunite with the rest of your family. I wish you joy in all you are about to experience. I wish you peace with the passing of your sister.
    Take care and keep in touch.

Friend,
    RC

• Seven
    Seven

Dear Red, I am so sorry for your loss and want you to know that you and your family will be in my thoughts this weekend. You have my deepest sympathy.

Love you,
    Seven

• Kismet
    Kismet

Red:

I thought it was apt that rollercoaster was the first to reply to you since it well descibes the emotions you must be feeling right now.

That is a tough go but I am excited at the opportunites facing you in the days ahead with your niece. From bad, good often arises. It is a great thing that you can be reunited with that part of your family.

I think your niece will appreciate knowing her Aunt for the kind gentle lady ... oopps I mean goddess that you are. I have good feelings about this reunion.

My thoughts & good wishes are with you.

Kismet

PS - as a throwback to my xjw support days..what colour candle do I light for you?!?! :)

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Red

I'm really sorry about your loss, we'll be thinking of you.

Hope everything works out at the weekend.

Take care

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

RHW, I wish I had some encouraging words to share. Just know that I'm thinking of you and wish you well, even though I understand how hard that is right now.

Shauna

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

(((((((HUGS))))))))

And I'm sure all that have posted, along with many others, truly send their affection to you - it's well earned by you.

When my mother died, one of the aftermaths was that I spoke with my brother for the first time in about 10 years. Met his wife and kids. I also got to see my aunt whom I hadn't seen in 20 years.
    Even though the timing sucked - the renewed relationships (for the most part) were a fine thing.

Perhaps some continuing good will come of your family's sorrow.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Juste wanted to let you know I was sorry to hear about your loss RedhorseWoman but glad to hear that you'd made contact with your nieces/nephew

• Nomen Clature
    Nomen Clature

So sorry for your loss Red. I hope the joy and relief you spoke of can dominate the sorrow very soon.

Love N

• rabotnik
    rabotnik

So sorry RedHorseWoman -- I hope feelings and relationships get better soon.Trust in moving forward.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit