Demons Anyone?

by AuntieJane 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Auntie,

I can sure understand your concern for your neice. Children...they suffer so much at the hands of "well intended" parents sometimes. UGH.

One of the most heartbreaking stories about my brother was when he was about 5? Very young. My mom held a book study with a gal who's husband was prone to seizure. Anyhow one particular night after returning home from this ladies house; my mom had taken my brother with her, all hell broke loose because the rumor got started that the husband was demonized - thus those pesky demons must be rampant in the house.

My brother (this still pisses me off when I think back) was so frightened of dying because he had eaten a carrot at the home earlier. Hell, even the elder's were called into this mess, and I also remember my mom got little sleep that night because of her fear, too.

Here we have a young, impressionable child that is already so afraid because of the adult bullshit!!!

OH, one night my older sibling came to my home at 2 a.m., convinced the demons had just been running across her bed and ran out through the window. She has always been a sensative, but because she is a fence-rider, refusing to let go of the JW thing, she has sadly become extremely neurotic over the years. We had opportunity after 8 years to rekindle our relationship, but it wasn't going to work out because I wasn't going to play the JW game with her. Heck, she was the reason I began searching for information and found these sites for former JW's.

Although I've had no contact with my brother for years, I was told he hates the JW's...gee, wonder why.

It took years before I was able to sleep with no lights on in the house somewhere. And although my granddaugher has never been subjected to JW's, I work with her on the same fear because it's unfounded, but children are vulnerable and it's up to the adults to help eliminate such fear; not feed and nourish such unbalance. But then again, we're talking about some of the most unbalanced humans running amuck. Jehovah Witnesses...yeah, they can all kiss my arse!!!

Granny

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

isn't this one of the classic signs of a psychotic illness - another being that you communicate directly with God ?

sigh ... why oh why did we ever believe the GB huh ?

'when you lose small mind you free your life' (system of a down)

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

AuntieJane...Like gumby, I too heard lots but experienced nothing. However, the following story that was related to me by an MS has an Urban Legend ring to it. He swore it was true though.

It seems there was an elderly sister in the Susanville, California congregation (about an hour from me) who was having a problem with "chirping" in her home (ok, you already figured this one out which makes you smarter than 99% of Dubbies). This sister thought there was a bird in her house so she went a lookin'. Could not find a bird so she asked an elder to stop by. He too heard the chirping and upon searching her home could not come up with any earthly reason for it. So, God's appointed servant asked the woman if she had brought anything "new" or different into her home recently. Now the sister was an avid yard sale shopper who replied that yes she had several items that she had recently picked up around town.

The Einstein elder asked to see the items, to which she started bringing them out, last ones purchased first and then working back in time with more items. The first victim was a toaster. The elder had by this time called for a back-up elder, just in case the Demon was more than one man-of-God could handle. So, as the story was related, these two genius's took the toaster into the yard and proceeded to give it a heavenly cleansing with a sledge hammer. No doubt the sledge hammer had been prayed over first to give it special annointing to purge Demons. After killing the toaster they immediatley ran to the house to see if the chirping subsided...alas, for this was a stubborn demon.

Next came the picture frame she had purchased at a rummage sale and held the photo of her dear grandson. What better place for a demon to inhabit and taunt one of Jehovah's servants? It died a splintery death. Again, a rush to the house by the two very dedicated servants of the one true God. Darn! That disgusting alien squatter was still hurling chirping insults at them. Flushed with anger at being snubbed by an agent of the God of this System of Things they rushed back to the yard and called for more items...the sledge hammer turning white hot from the friction of vindictive rage. After hours of strenuous God-induced physical activity, the yard began to look like a WalMart hit by a suicide bomber. It was apparently then that a young brother drove up to check out all the activity he'd heard about. After being told of the satanic chirping he politley asked if they'd checked the batteries in the smoke detector. Thus is the legend of the evil chirping demon of Susanville California.....And now you know the rest of the story.

-BONEZZ

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Bonezz-

ROFLMAO. Thanks for the great story.

---Dan

PS: You oughta post this under its own heading. Pretty funny. Pretty revealing as well. It's still cracking me up as I write.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I had one experience that I perceived as being the demons. I was living in Tennessee at the time (don't know why I should mention this-haha). I was doing door-to-door preaching work and an elderly woman came one door. She had a very strange and scary smile on her face. Her eyes were pretty scary, too, like she knew something. I can't explain it.

Anyhow, I go into my little speel and the wind chimes hanging on her porch start clanging up a storm. It was so loud that I couldn't hear myself talking. I would stop and the chimes would stop. I would attempt to talk and the chimes would go crazy. I ended up just smiling and walking away. Of course, she didn't want the literature. The jw I was in service with said that it was very strange because there wasn't even a breeze to cause the chimes to move like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit