Do You Ever "MISS" Being A JW, Elder,...

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I recently was told by a couple of elders how much they "missed" me since I am no longer an elder. I got to thinking , "did I miss anything because I'm not an elder?". I have to say that I really can't think of anything that I truly miss. I don't miss making all 5 meetings, having elder's meetings or schools. when I do go to the meeting, I'm the first person out the door..........Is there anything at all, that you miss about not being a JW or having a position?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I recently was told by a couple of elders how much they "missed" me since I am no longer an elder.

he he he

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

DIS, if they said that to you, you could have told them that you don't miss eating on the floor....lol

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Touche Min

Dismembered

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I miss being so sure of something, I'd die for it.

I miss having a faith.

Not enough, mind you.

• minimus
    minimus

Morris, That's interesting about missing faith. Many JW's are afraid that if they leave the organization they will shipwreck their faith.

• gumby
    gumby

If a person has been fully enlightened on what the dubs are......I really do not see how a person could entertain the thought. Unless you have a power problem....why in the world would you want to go back and serve in that position? I've never considered returning to the organisation that has done the harm they have.

• Perry
    Perry

I can unreservedly reply with a resounding and well thought out ....NO

• blondie
    blondie

Morris, I would never die for an organization. And here's my grandfather's saying, "It is easy to die for someone, it is harder to live for them."

So you take care of yourself first, Morris, and then look around and see how you can help someone else.

What do I miss about being an elder.........? Whoops I'm only or was only an elderette.

I miss whipping the brothers and sisters with my elderette whiplash. I miss being in on all the dirt and gossip. (Not)

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, please describe the TYPE of elder's wife that you were. Also, what type of elder was he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit