Official Sign up for Xmas Gift Exchange! LOOK!

by scootergirl 150 Replies latest jw friends

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Move over.....let me give my "new" Grandma Mouthy a hug!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Your new Granny is crying (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for making my day)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Celia
    Celia

So, Scooter, how are you going to do it ? I mean, are you going to draw 2 names and these 2 will exchange gifts ? Or you look at the list of all posters who have registered and say, OK, name #1 on the list, then pull a name out of the hat, and only the one on the list knows who he/she is giving a gift to ?

Hmmm ?

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I wanna play! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

• Mackin
    Mackin

OK, please count me in too.

Sorry I was a bit slow to get round to reading the thread. Sound's like a way cool idea.

Mackin

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

mackin......check your email.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

celia wrote:

are you going to draw 2 names and these 2 will exchange gifts ? Or you look at the list of all posters who have registered and say, OK, name #1 on the list, then pull a name out of the hat, and only the one on the list knows who he/she is giving a gift to ?

I will be drawing names out of a hat. Only YOU (and me) will know who you are giving a gift to. It is completely up to you if you want to keep it secret or if you want to reveal your identity when you send your gift. I always have a hard time keeping my mouth shut because I get so excited!

I would encourage everyone who signed up to please respond to this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39200&site=3

I can understand it may be uncomfortable for some to actually give some suggestions for gift ideas, but remember, by doing that (by telling a bit about yourself) you are really helping out the person who receives your name in the drawing. I started by telling a bit about my likes/dislikes.......I certainly hope that I am not the only one!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can you possibly do what we do at work which is set a limit on the cost of the gift. This way it avoids the embarassment of buying someone a 5.00 gift only to recieve one for 100.00. It also puts everyone at ease about what they are spending.

• Valis
    Valis

Brother Ballistic...from scoots original post..

The monetary limit for the gift will be set at $20.00 (not including shipping).......that doesn't mean you HAVE to spend that amount, but please don't go over it. I would like to start emailing people right after Halloween w/names so that people have time to get their gifts together and have them mailed out by the first week in December.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mouthy
    mouthy

I like smelly things to. ( No dirty socks please) No Ornaments! I have a very small apartment .

bath things.... christian cassets- or CD..Nice music.,.or crossword books( I am a crossword nut!)

But if any on the list want tapes of XJWs I have hundreds ( all out now!!!!)I have them back to 1989.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit