Governing bye-bye

by RR 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Well as most of you know, when the Society reorganized the Governing body retired as officers, in fact the Society itself is run by earthbound members.

Recently two Governing Body members kicked the bucket, Klein and Swingle. That leaves the JW's with just eleven governing body members, who spiritually feed the masses, while the other sheep run things.

However, six of the eleven are so old they don't even know what time of day it is, the other five are younger and newly. It should be interesting to see what transpires in the years ahead, when there is no GB as the old Bowie song goes .... ch ...ch...changes

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

so is GODS SPirit working wit the new members just as with the old.........and since they DIRECT the organization...will they be GETTING MORE INVOLVED...with he WEEKLY magazine artilces....I had heard that Henschel doesnt even read the magazines all the time?

ya know for a group whos beliefs havent cahnged much. in 100 + yrs........they sure print alot of magazines....are all WITNESSES suffering from poor memory......

any one ever wonder how many trees are scarificed yearly...for the almighty Watchtower..........and no recycling huh.......tragic.

the new member s will do what the old ones did ...go here on vacation
    http://www.planet-hawaii.com/mtp/neigh.htm
    http://www.planet-hawaii.com/mtp/tenants.htm

maybe the generation prophecy was just so they could sail off into the sunset.........they werent going to be around anyway to see the end of it........

caio~

• joelbear
    joelbear

You will see change to doctrines but not to the overall mentality. The witness structure is built on tight social control, relieving people of dealing with reality and providing people with a feeling of unearned superiority over others. These factors are what attract people to the witnesses and keep them there.

hugs

Joel

• LDH
    LDH

KEWL!!! Out of the 144,000 of Jesus brothers, 11 get to decide what goes on for 6 million of his sheep! KEWL!!! [8>]

• RR
    RR

LDH

KEWL!!! Out of the 144,000 of Jesus brothers, 11 get to decide what goes on for 6 million of his sheep! KEWL!!!

What power, eh?

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

LDH & RR
    thats 6 million plus CHILDREN

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

RR,
    What happened to Don Addams......thought he was the newly installed head cheese........

the inside over of the Watchtower says its MH LArson........

s

• RR
    RR
    What happened to Don Addams

Well, after his series "Get Smart" was cancelled, he didn't do too much, the only job he could get after playing "Secret Agent 86" was Watchtower President. "would ya believe ....."

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

RR....

so then KAOS has him now is that what your saying?

but really if he is gone...that was quick!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Now, now, sw20!

The Watchtower Society DOES recycle at all its facilities (at least I thought I was told that on a tour once in Brooklyn). In fact, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, *I* always felt that participating in the voluntary recycling program in my neighborhood was good preparation for the caretaking we would be doing in future on the Paradise Earth!

Makes me feel guilty, now that I think about it, that I threw my books and old WT/Awake! mags in the TRASH instead of the recycling box! Oh, dear!

Outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit