Visiting Bethel/new Corp Arrangements

by LDH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

a recent post from a WOL newbie:

Please, At least once anyway....It is soooooooooooooo worth it! Any of you visited Bethel lately????

My wife and I visited Bethel for our 5th time in October....yes, we got invited to the ANNUAL Meeting. This was our first Annual Meeting and from the first step onto the Patterson Bethel Grounds to the last, I have to say it was awe inspiring. It is invitation only, and was surprised that they really check them before you can go in! LOL

I'm sure many have heard some things about that meeting. Let me tell you, that it was extremely encouraging. And the explanation given as to the "rearrangement" of responsibilities for the "older" annointed brothers was just perfect. Jehovah really is streamlining the organization, and taking care of the workload for the "Slave". We took tons of notes. The Chairman, Bro. Barr, talked extremely fast towards the end, about the new arrangements ...had to take shorthand :)...But got most of it down.
    3 New Legal Corporations formed with new Presidents & V.P's ( Non-Annointed Brothers )...One Corp. was deleted....from what I recall...need to look at our notes again.

Anyway, We stayed with a "young" couple :), o.k., 30's...He works for Bro. LaFranca, one of the new Presidents. We had brought our large R.V., and had permission to park it right in front of the residences...We got mistaken for new Gilead Students, as they were just arriving for the new Gilead class! Some also thought I was a C.O. because of the R.V. LOL....

Anyway, We got to stay in our friends Bethel room for 3 nights over the weekend and then he made arrangements for us to have our own "suite" there for 2 nights, Beautiful room and view! Goodies in the fridge and Countertop, cookies, cheeses, etc. Yummy!As a guest, you are allowed to enter anywhere a bethelite does, except the Fitness Center! That's a no, no, for some reason. We had another single brother friend who runs the Kitchen there...so we got another tour of the kitchen and also saw some of the software the brothers use there for organization.

We took our Bethel friends camping afterward, and had a blast in the nearby Catskill mountains.

But, my favorite part was just being with the Bethelites, morning worship, breakfast, lunch, etc....Looking at all the "original" paintings that became cover pictures for our magazines....they hang EVERYWHERE in the hallways! A must see!

My Great GrandParents were Bethelites, married by Bro. Russell....The Family has an autographed bible from him from the wedding.....I just love to go and see why my "heritage" loved Bethel soooo much.
    We are looking forward to our 6th visit!

Making a trip to Bethel is a MUST for any family or single, AT LEAST ONCE!

I guarantee, once you make your first trip, you will find some way, somehow, to not make it your last! Make your plans now!

Tell us about your Bethel experiences.

What I find most interest is 'how fast he was talking' to explain the new corporations. Perhaps, though, Tally will "Tell us about his Bethel Experiences". Or Joel.

Guys?

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

speaking or REARRANGEMENT

who is MH LARSON

or GF Simonis

They are named as the President and treasurer of the CORP.inside the watchtower front cover near all the language stuff.I thought Don Adams was the HEAD CHEESE

any on share some words on these two GOD FEARING FELLOWS?
    S

• trevor
    trevor

Thanks for the warning LDH,

This Bethel thing sound pretty addictive - and I have enough addictions already.
    If word of this exciting new day trip gets out, then Disneyland had better watch out!
    I hope they have the security in place for those priceless paintings.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

I find it hilarious that he claims Jehovah is streamlining the org and yet they added on...what.....7 new corps. to confuses matters even more?!! :)

• unanswered
    unanswered

did this sound like bragging to anyone else? ie; "invitation only", thought we were gilead students or C.O., got to stay in a suite, russel married great grandparents, autographed bible.

maybe i'm just looking at it from a bitter viewpoint. thanks for the post, LDH.

• hippikon
    hippikon

We all must make the Pilgrimage to Bethel at least once in our life time. We Should we also bow towards Brooklyn Every time we Pray.
    To look at all the fine buildings (not a stone will be left upon a stone) the “original” paintings and eat the holy snacks

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Shauna

confuse matters.....or protect the ASSets?

:)
    s

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Touche Stephen! :)

Nate, I remember visiting Bethel (twice) and once we had a friend give us a tour where no one was usually allowed to go. We walked by all the offices of the GB. I remember walking by Losch's office just a few months after he was added. We even got to go into the conference room where the GB had their meetings. You would not believe how long this conference table was! They told us it was donated by some big corp., believe it was Citicorp.

The point is it gave us bragging rights. That and of course we had lunch with the Bethel family! OH MY GOD! I look back and see how, even though I tried to keep a level head, still showed my JW self-righteous "look at me" colors! God, I just wanna smack myself for it now! :)

• LDH
    LDH

Here Shauna, Lean over. I'll smack you!

<<<THWACK>>> How's that?

As for bragging rights, *I* grew up 20 minutes from the Lansing Kingdom farms and the *Original Gilead*

AND I went to Bethel about 4 times a year.

You California Babes just don't get it. So there.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

LDH/Shauna,

WELL I II UH I worked on the Stanley theatre.....so there

and I had....friends..yah thats it...at bethel........and I even got turned down by themmmmmmm for coming to work there and stay..........wow what a blessing.........guess where I would be today.............in Brooklyn and youd be talkin about me! :)

s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit