What TV shows couldn't you watch as a JW Kid?

by WTLies 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTLies
    WTLies

We had a whole list of shows we were not allowed to watch including 'Speed Racer', you'll never guess why. It was beacuse in the theme song it says "he's a demon on wheels" But then my mother was a JW fanatic LOL

William

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

We weren't allowed to watch "Bewitched".

• Englishman
    Englishman

Doctor Who, just too violent.

Englishman

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I heard Scooby Doo, Where Are You? was another favourite show to ban. I'm off to watch it on Cartoon Network in a few minutes.

Stephanus, of the glad-my-parents-weren't-Dubs class

• Mac
    Mac

Never experienced the restriction thing, myself, but many of my friends were not allowed to watch Bewitched and I Dream Of Jeannie(or Davey And Goliath if they cheated and stayed home on Sunday lol)

mac

• Francois
    Francois

Um, there were some RADIO programs we couldn't listen to. "The FBI in Peace & War" was one. It's theme music was Prokokiev's "Love of Three Oranges." Of course, "The Shadow" was verboten. Stuff like that.

However, as soon as I was sent to bed, I drug out the radio I had made and clamp on my headphones on under the sheets and listen to 'em all.

francois

• Been there
    Been there

My granny raised me, I don't recall to many things I couldn't watch. Bewitched was one I couldn't. But I remember watching the old twilight zone shows and lost in space. I even watched the updates on the Vietnam war. I'm sure there would have been more I couldn't watch but I was always at meeting or out in service. I miss never watching cartoons as a kid. I think I'll start a post!!!!!!!

• jimbob
    jimbob

Bewitched....Casper the Friendly Ghost....the Munsters....boy, I was a depressed child!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bewitched

Dark Shadows

the Three Stooges (too violent)

Soap,

Laugh In

Star Trek because it was on a meeting night. Oh, how we used to dance around the living room when we got to be home on a meeting night because of my dad working evenings. I can still taste the popcorn we would fix to eat while watching the voyages of the star ship, Enterprise.

And we weren't allowed to eat Lucky Charms in my family.

Goofy, eh?

Love,

Robyn

• jurs
    jurs

I wouldn't let my kids watch the simpsons, and this Disney movie , prince of Egypt ( I think thats what it was called) I believe Whitney houston and Mariah Carey sang a song together for the movie and you guesed it, I didn't allow them to listen to that either. Of course NO holiday tv programs!!!

jurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit