• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I think she was the one who gave up a TV career in favor of being a JW

Confirmed on Yahoo News:

Actress Graves Dies in House Fire
    Thu Oct 10,10:24 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Actress Teresa Graves, who starred as a sassy undercover
    cop in the 1970s television police drama "Get Christie Love!", died
    Thursday in a fire at her home. She was 54.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=494&ncid=762&e=7&u=/ap/20021010/ap_en_tv/obit_graves

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I liked that show...then she quit to go out in service. At 12 years old, I realized that was stupid.

Too bad. She was so young.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh what a pity.I remember we were SO Proud of her giving up her roles to become an active witness. As we were with Eisenhowers Mother & Eve Arden,

How we hurt for those who walked in the same footsteps as us...

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ditto, Mouthy.

I think the Eve Arden thing was a rumor.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

ouch. This is sad. She was my first crush.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What a terrible way to die. Poor Theresa!

Eve Arden - she's man, baby!

• freedom96
    freedom96

What a shame that someone would give up a career that could have been so rewarding.

Was she still a witness? I thought I had heard she quit the witnesses a long time ago.

• apple829
    apple829

Mouthy said:

I remember we were SO Proud of her giving up her roles to become an active witness.

I remember that, too. My mom was so proud when she heard that. It was also said that she stipulated that she would not initiate any fight scenes for the duration of her contract. She would only fight in self defense.

Sherryl

• benext
    benext

I remember seeing her on Good Morning America with David Hartman trying to bring attention to what was going on in Malawi. If only she knew then.

• simplesally
    simplesally

At first she tried to make the show reflect her views and she started refusing to carry a gun on the show.... pretty hard for a policewoman! I guess she couldn't see that she was playing a role, not doing the real thing.

Apparently, a space heater caught her place on fire. Strange, its not yet cold here in L.A. We still have the windows open at night and we are 5 miles from the beach....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit