spreading WBTS deceit and lies door-to-door

by somebody 10 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

My mother-in-law is 85 years old. Her husband passed away 2 years ago. She misses him so very much that she still cries sometimes for him when she has a bad day.

About 2 months ago, my husband was at her house working on his car. When he came home, he told me that Jehovah's Witnesses came knocking at her door. She invited them in the house. When my husband told me that he didn't step in and ask them to leave, I got very upset. I then asked him what they talked about. He said that he was in and out of the house a few times, to get some tools from the basement, and then would return back to the garage to work on his car, so he didn't hear all the conversation that went on. All he heard was part of the conversation. He said that one woman was telling my mother-in-law that her husband would be resurrected, and that she can be reunited with him! That upset me even more. What they were doing is called "kicking a dead horse". First of all, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only "they" will be resurrected. Why were they telling her that her husband will be resurrected? He was Catholic. Since when do JWs teach that Catholics will be resurrected? !!!

I remembered reading a booklet called "When Someone You Loves Dies" on the WBTS. official website (www.watchtower.org), so I went back and read it again. Here are a few quotes from the booklet:

"A bereaved wife explains: "My husband, Russell, had served as a medical aide in the Pacific theater during World War II. He had seen and survived some terrible battles. He came back to the United States and to a more tranquil life. Later he served as a minister of God' Word. In his early 60's he began to have symptoms of a heart problem. He tried to lead an active life. Then, one day in July 1988, he suffered a massive heart attack and died. His loss was devastating. I never even got to say good-bye. He was not just my husband. He was my best friend. We had shared 40 years of life together. Now it seemed that I had to face a special loneliness."

"However, before we consider the feelings of grief, let us answer some important questions. Does death mean the end of that person? Is there any hope that we can see our loved ones again?"

"Millions therefore can have the solid hope of seeing their loved ones alive again on earth but under very different circumstances. What will those circumstances be?"

Then the site tells you that you can find out waht the circumstances will be if you continue on a read the A Sure Hope For The Dead booklet, which states, "And at that time humans will have the prospect of enjoying perfect health, and they will never have to die again." Nothing is EVER mentioned about NOT being still married to you're husband when this "supposedly" happens!

Neither one of the JW women visiting her bother to tell her this:

WT- 6/1/87

"How fine it is that a Christian should feel love for his or her mate even after that one has died! Some in this situation have remained single, not because of being content with singleness, but in hopes of resuming the marriage after the resurrection. While not being insensitive to the human feelings behind those hopes, we encourage such ones to consider some Biblical points."

"Does the Bible, though, indicate whether resurrected ones will be able to marry or to resume a previous marriage that was ended by a death?"

"Human emotions today might make this a difficult conclusion to accept. But it is to be noted that nowhere does the Bible say that God's resurrecting the faithful means restoring their marital status."

"Consider Jesus' response to the Sadducees: "The children of this system of things marry and are given in marriage, but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage."

"Similarly, we have never lived as perfect humans. Thus we cannot be sure how we will feel about past relationships if and when we gain perfect human life in a paradise"

"God's goodness is reflected also in his informing us that the death of a mate concludes the marriage."

When I took my mother-in-law shopping about 3 days after the JWs had visited her, I brought the subject up and asked her what she thought about everything they said to her. She said she wants to see her husband again he's resurrected. She seemed very confused. She said they were going to visit her again but she didn't know when. ( they haven't been back since, not while she was home anyway ). I told her what would happen to her if she ever accepted a "bible study" from them. I informed her that it wouldn't be the Bible that they would study with her, and that sooner or later, she would be "encouraged" to avoid associating with myself, and the rest of her family and friends. Me because I'm a former JW, and the rest of her family because they were "wordly" people. I told her that that included her 2 friends that she goes to play bingo with once a week too. I started getted choked up while trying to tell her what would happen, the longer she studied and started attending meetings, because thoughts of so many people on this board who have been thrown away by their own families, because of the teachings of the WBTS.

I told her to invite them in again when they come back, and to call me right away, that I could be at her house in 5 minutes. If I'm not home, I told her to politely ask them to leave. I've printed out the When a Loved one Dies booklet for her, along with the watchtower article, to show her.

{and now for something completely different}

I've also printed out much of the information from on the internet written by Randy, Kent, JanH, Norm, LovesDubs, Tom, Gus, Focus and many others. Even Posts from the old H20 by Farkel, and many that are now here. Thank you all for your hard work and time spent to help others! It never goes without notice! I've printed it out and made "booklets" and gave each one of my teens to read. ( of course, it got thicker and thicker, and who knows if they'll read it.) I talk to them whenever I can about cults. I've prepared them to hopefully NEVER fall into the trap. I did that awhile back, after a JW came to my door twice when I wasn't home. The first time my daughter was here alone. The second time my son was here alone. Both kids said that the JWs who visited spoke first of how bad things are in this world and how tough it is to be a teenager nowadays. Which tells me that they will start in on kids, even when the parents aren't here! Ithink it's a good idea for anyone that has children, to start teaching them what the WBTS teaches NOW. You never know when a JW will come by when you're not home, or even when your teens come of age, and move out of the house. JWs could coming knocking on their doors when they are living on their own. If you teach them now, you stand a better chance of never having them become a victim of the WBTS. We can help what the fate will be of our future relatives in this way. Our future extended family.

I wanted to tell this all because my husband could not understand why I got so upset that he never asked the JWs to leave his mother's house when he KNEW that they were JWs. I guess we have to have been in "it" to understand the anger it all brings up, and the effects it has on people forever.

peace to you all,
    somebody

• trevor
    trevor

I just slip my shirt off before I open the door.
    The sight of a naked torso causes great embarrassment
    and they and say say, 'oh I can see it's not convinient,'
    and thrust a leaflet in my hand before rushing off.
    It's the most fun when the young virgin sisters call -
    they don't know where to look. Might not work for your
    mother in law though - still anythings worth trying once!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

G'day, someone

: Since when do JWs teach that Catholics will be resurrected? !!!

They have for a very long time now. Here's the explanation:

Romans 6:23 says, "The wages of sin is death." Hebrews 9:27 says that all men die once, and then enter into Judgment. Charles Russell interpreted this text as well as several others as teaching that when a person dies he <i>will</i> be resurrected into Judgment Day, the 1000 year reign of Christ. Russell found the traditional notion of "one life, one chance, heaven or hell" to be an unfair policy of a God of love. He believed that everyone would get a second chance to prove themselves faithful to God after being fully and properly enlightened with the Good News, and this could only happen during Satan's absence.

JWs have changed this. They now teach that Hebrews 9:27 does not apply to every man, and that certain ones have no hope of resurrection (1st century Pharisees, Adam and Eve, the evil slave class, incorrigible evil doers). But the basic understanding of Romans 6:23 remains the same -- when a person dies under normal Adamic sin, his sinful ways are removed, and he gets a clean slate, as it were. So JWs expect that billions of people will be resurrected during the 1000 year reign, including, yes, quite a lot of Catholics.

HoPe tHaT heLpS

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Somebody,

I can understand your upset, that JW's seem to target emotionally vulnerable ones, anything to try to increase the membership numbers.

Having recently left Borg-land, I remember the teaching on the resurrection seems to have been softened: If you die BEFORE Armageddon, you will get a resurrection, no matter what your religion. Unless you were hideously evil & worked against God (like Hitler, for example).

Then they say, if you die DURING Armageddon, then that is your final judgment.

On your second point about whether resurrected ones could get married: The JW teaching is plain, they WON'T and CAN'T. That doesn't personally bring me much comfort, the thought of being a eunuch in paradise.

It doesn't seem that too many rank-and-file JW's have examined the emotional impact of that teaching you pointed out, Somebody. It doesn't sound like "good news" to me.

Gopher

• thinker
    thinker

Somebody,
    I've never been "in", but I can understand your feelings. Last summer my grandmother was visited by JW's. It worried me because I know they don't come right out and say what it's all about. I printed alot of information and gave it to her. They haven't returned, though. Guess they just lost interest.
    thinker

• Moxy
    Moxy

the feeling is that we dont know how jehovah will satisfy the resurrected ones who can no longer marry but that we will have to wait and see what the 'new scrolls' say, confident that jehovah will 'open his hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.' i personally believe that in compensation, resurrected ones will be permitted as much sex as they want, no-string-attached. orgies even. that seems fair. altho i spose then the great crowd might feel like theyre getting the gyp.

mox

• Gopher
    Gopher

Great point, Moxy.

The resurrection is supposed to 're-create' the whole person, with their personalities, intellect, weaknesses, and desires, including those for emotional attachment and for sex.

So since marriage will not be allowed for 'resurrectees', your scenario (much sex as they want) is the next best logical conclusion! The "resurrectees" will be properly instructed by the WTS, owner/interpreter of the said "new scrolls", so as not to be a bad influence on the great crowd.

Gopher, making up rules for paradise as needed

• JT
    JT

somebody want to know:

". First of all, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only "they" will be resurrected. Why were they telling her that her husband will be resurrected? He was Catholic. Since when do JWs teach that Catholics will be resurrected? !!!

well you need to go back and take look at thier warped logic on this issue- you see the key issue is that the man is dead - therefore once he dies then he stands a chance of being raised up

a perfect example in found in Rays book where one of the guys at bethel went runnnning into rays office to announce that the last living person in his family not a jw had just died, and how happy he was due to the belief that now that all his nonjw family is dead they now can come back, but if the end had come with them not a jw but a catholic for example their chances where slim to none perhaps
    but since they are dead he was so happy for according to wt rules death wipes the slate clean and they can come back

so technically the jw were right ACCORDING TO WT DOGMA- like i said WARPED BELIEF SYSTEM

• Liberated
    Liberated

One of the jw's who studied with me confessed that she was praying for her mother to die before armeggedon so that she would be resurrected.

• joelbear
    joelbear

I think Moxy is onto something. If you have forever and the earth is filled, thus needing no more kids, I see no advantage to monogamous relationships. Clearly the Bible shows that there is no MARRIAGE for resurrected ones. It doesn't say there will be no sex for them.

Party on Garth
    Party on Wayne

hugs

Joel
    www.joelbear.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit