I can't believe they said this-An Insane Quote

by IronGland 12 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

CAN RESTITUTION CHANGE THE ETHIOPIAN'S SKIN?

"From Black to White He Slowly Turned"

Parkersburg, W. Va., Sept. 8. It has fallen to the lot of the Rev. William H. Draper, pastor of the Logan Memorial church, of Washington Conference, A.M.E. church, of this town, to give a living affirmative answer to the famous Biblical question, "Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots?" Though once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer . Many years ago Draper was employed by a fair-skinned man, and he was often heard to remark that if he could only be white like his employer, he would be happy . While in the white man's service Draper `experienced' religion.

From that day forward he prayed constantly and fervently that he might become white. Thirty years ago his prayer began to be answered. He first experienced a prickling sensation on his face, and upon close investigation found a number of small white spots scarcely larger than the point of a pin. He became alarmed, thinking he had some peculiar disease but he did not suffer and aside from the prickling sensation felt nothing unusual. Gradually the white spots became larger and extended themselves, until now, after the change has been in progress for over thirty years, Draper has not a single dark spot on his body.

Zion's Watch Tower 1900 October 1 p. 296-297

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if Michael Jackson is related to this guy???

• butalbee
    butalbee

lol@Else.

• Realist
    Realist

this is unbelievable...

i think one should send this article to everyone suffernig from this disfiguring disease! i am sure it would cause strong spiritual uplifting and great joy for such individuals to know that they are blessed by God!

f****** idiots!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE FAITH

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well the Watch tower must have had some dealing in that- They taught at one time that the blacks would become white.

I know because when I read it ( in researching very old stuff)I wrote my JW daughter- who is married to a black man-And said "-If you believe the WT teaches truth & are true prophets-dont be surprised if you wake up one day & a white man is is your bed" ( Ok.! So throw me a fish head and a saucer of milk! meiow)

• gumby
    gumby

Draper has not a single dark spot on his body.

You've got to be kidding me! Not even his bunghole! I have found no matter how much scrubbing I do....that one spot remains dark. That lucky bastard!

• IronGland
    IronGland

lol

• BrotherFlanders
    BrotherFlanders

IF YOU WORLDY PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A LITTLE FAITH MAYBE YOU TOO COULD BE MADE WHITE IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB

• jgnat
    jgnat

BF, These people have faith.

Edited by - jgnat on 9 October 2002 22:5:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit