Weird Childhood Thoughts

by pettygrudger 27 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

When I was growing up, I used to think that as long as they made fuzzy loving commercials (i.e. the Faygo one was my favorite & Coke second) that the Trib & Big-A couldn't possibly come!!! I also used to plan how I would hoard food & water in holes in my backyard that we wouldn't have to eat all the icky mice & insects my mom said we would have to live on.

What weird thoughts/plans did you have as a child, that you can look back on now and smile?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I never had those thoughts. Guess I was a shallow thinker.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I can't look back on any weird, surviving Armageddon thoughts that I had as a child and smile. Sorry.

Love,

Robyn

• scumrat
    scumrat

Geez, I remember as a kid I use to think that if I made a cassette tape of my favorite songs and kept it in my pocket all the time, I would be able to bring my favorite music into the new system. After all, no one knew the day or the hour.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Like...Black Sabbath!!!

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Hey, scumrat, good luck on the upcoming surgery. We'll be thinking of ya!!!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Pom: No, you probably were normal

Robdar: I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful. I just find at this stage of my life that its nice to pick slices out of the child that was me, and disect to see the humor in some of my thinking process. If I didn't, I'd probably be insane by now (if I'm not - the jury's still out on that! ). But, I know, sometimes it is hard to find the humor in any of it.

Scum: No why couldn't I think of that!!! lol - probably would only be KH cassettes at the time, my mother thought all worldy music was EVIL!

• scumrat
    scumrat

Thanks Pom, It's only day surgery, nothing serious. I'm gonna milk it though, could use some time off...

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Here ya go!!

• scumrat
    scumrat

Yea, I loved that evil music. Just trying to put one over on Jehovah by trying to sneak it in. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit