Are you loyal??? (WT quotes to feel guilty by)

by jimbob 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbob
    jimbob

I was doing some research on the WT CD, trying to find an experience I remember really frightened me into never leaving the org..(that's what it takes now to keep people from leaving...fright!) and I stumbled upon these quotes from the 3/15/96 Watchtower.....

Loyalty to Jehovahs visible organization also means having nothing to do with apostates. Loyal Christians will not be curious about what such people have to say. True, those being used by Jehovah God to direct his work on earth are not perfect. But what does Gods Word tell us to do? Leave Gods organization? No. Brotherly affection should keep us loyal to it, and we should continue to "love one another intensely from the heart."1 Peter 1:22.

Loyalty presents particular challenges to elders. One of these challenges is the matter of confidentiality. A member of a congregation may confide in an elder. Loyalty to that one will keep the elder from violating the principle of confidentiality. He will heed the counsel at Proverbs 25:9: "Do not reveal the confidential talk of another." That means not even to his own wife!

There are other aspects to the matter of meeting the challenge of loyalty to the congregation and its elders. If there are somewhat troubled conditions in the congregation, this gives us opportunity to display loyalty to Jehovah and to those representing him. (See The Watchtower, June 15, 1987, pages 15-17.) When there has been a disfellowshipping, loyalty requires that we back up the elders, not trying to second-guess whether there were sufficient reasons for the action taken.

So first they tell you, you aren't loyal if you listen to people who really know what's going on. (Scare tactic so you won't leave) Next, they basically incriminate themselves with regards to not making everyone aware of a molester, like they should!! My favorite part is how they can't tell their wives. If that's the case, how come elder's wives always know everything that's going on in the congregation???? Hmmmmm. And finally, we're supposed to back up the elders and their completely ludicrous decision making! I guess you can say I'm not "loyal" anymore.

Anyway, the experience I was looking for, (and maybe some of you will remember this, I hope) was in either the WT or Awake some time ago (I can't remember) and it spoke of a young man who one day decided he didn't want the truth anymore and told his parents. That night he went to a night club or something (again, I can't remember completely) and was shot and killed. And of course the moral of the story from the Society was if you even think about leaving, you will be killed. I was so scared when I read this and for years thought that if I ever made a conscientious decision to leave I would be killed. Hmmmmm.....that's funny......I'm still alive. Anyway, I mentioned in a couple of threads that soon I will tell my story. I will say this much......I've been raised in the truth and had the opportunity to work with Marilyn (aka Mulan) in the drama back in '95 in Tacoma, and was also in Reinhard Lengtat's congregation for several years. Details to come..........

• gumby
    gumby

If that's the case, how come elder's wives always know everything that's going on in the congregation

Many reasons,

1. The elders tell them

2.They talk on the phone about private matters loud enough that the neighbors can hear.

3. Wives eaves drop.

4. Wives look in their husbands bookbag's at the confidential stuff.(trust me)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

10 Loyalty to Jehovahs visible organization also means having nothing to do with apostates. Loyal Christians will not be curious about what such people have to say.

I definitely get a laugh out of the blatant hypocrisy found within the Watchtower literature.

The very core foundation of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion is that they, and they alone, possess the absolute "Truth".

If what the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society prints is the absolute "Truth" upon which nothing else can stand.. why would they be worried about what opposers have to say? After all, any criticism of the absolute Truth would surely be found faulty.

Loyal Christians will not be curious about what such people have to say.

Don't you just love the subliminal messages? Jehovah's Witnesses are admonished to read these magazines upon initial receipt of them via the mail or from their local congregation. Then they are encouraged to "study" the magazines as a household which includes reading them aloud and underlining key phrases. Then AGAIN during the WT Study they are to listen to these phrases AGAIN as they are read by the WT reader, and discuss them AGAIN during the answering of the paragraph's question.

These words are so heavily embedded into their brains, it is no wonder they are so easily manipulated.

There is an old addage here in the United States that "if a lie is said aloud often enough, it becomes the truth, even if it is a lie." Bottom line is that if you hear something OFTEN enough, you start to believe it. This is what happens to JW's, even in the face of obvious FACTS which show they are blindly following a false prophet and organization.

They (JW's) live in fear. So sad. They are actually AFRAID to take the effort necessary to see if their beliefs are the actual truth. They are NOT ALLOWED to research or ask questions, because if you do so, it is considered to be going against their organization.

I pity them.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 8 October 2002 23:45:22

• minimus
    minimus

So if a person is curious it means they're disloyal.......ok

• jimbob
    jimbob

Reborn-

I wanted to reply briefly to something you stated:

They (JW's) live in fear. So sad. They are actually AFRAID to take the effort necessary to see if their beliefs are the actual truth. They are NOT ALLOWED to research or ask questions, because if you do so, it is considered to be going against their organization.

When I read this, it made me think specifically about the 1975 debacle. Going into District Conventions, there were always people standing out front holding their signs that ALWAYS made mention of the 1975 fiasco. Now, being a good dub I ignored them. But always nawing at the back of my brain was......what is this 1975 thing all about? You see, I knew the "apostates" always talked about it, and I always chalked it up to lies. But deep down I wanted to investigate, not by reading apostate material, mind you.......but by actually looking up material in the Society's publications to see what they had to say. But I was so afraid to do that, because I thought I would be apostate by doing that.....EVEN LOOKING UP SUBJECTS THAT WERE IN THEIR OWN MAGAZINES. That's how much they can control someone. Well......needless to say, I did look up info, and not just in their stuff........

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Minimus

You know what curiousity did to the cat.

• minimus
    minimus

Ask Fred Hall.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Not to another, not even his wife!"

But, " they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

GREAT THREAD JimBob!

Here's a Thread of similar Quotes I made (I should add your Quotes to my Thread also): http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=37790&site=3

• chester
    chester

Jimbob,

But deep down I wanted to investigate, not by reading apostate material, mind you.......but by actually looking up material in the Society's publications to see what they had to say. But I was so afraid to do that, because I thought I would be apostate by doing that.....EVEN LOOKING UP SUBJECTS THAT WERE IN THEIR OWN MAGAZINES.
    That is what apostate literature is, Their own old publications!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit