Article on the JWs in The Guardian

by scotsman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener
    What stands out in this article is all the names, something you rarely see in the watchtower.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    oh i wish i could find out where all the trolleys are in central london,my gerbils like the teaching books lol
  • millie210
    millie210
    “We’re very ahead with technology,” says O’Malley, pulling up today’s set scripture on his smartphone. Later, he says: “We’re like Google – we’ve mapped the world.”

Since they were very late in the game to take advantage of already existing technology how can they even think this???

• krejames
    krejames
    Well balanced article. Positive enough for JWs to read without feeling guilty but contains enough thought-provoking comments to linger with the thinkers....
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"'We’re very ahead with technology', says O’Malley, pulling up today’s set scripture on his smartphone. Later, he says, 'We’re like Google – we’ve mapped the world.'"

Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of how Ensign Chekov - on the classic Star Trek - would attribute every worthwhile invention and idea to Russia?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of how Ensign Chekov - on the classic Star Trek- would attribute every worthwhile invention and idea to Russia?

Yeah and Klingon General Chang in The Undiscovered Country claiming that you've not heard good Shakespeare until you've heard it in the original Klingon. They've been stealing ideas from other religions for years, like they took the Christian teaching of Redemption and called it the Ransom and said they invented it.

• jhine
    jhine

Great article , thanks for posting it .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit