JW Virus Warning, Important Notice!

by kenpodragon 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Mirosoft has issued a new virus warning. This virus is called the JW 101 Virus. It is very tricky and something you need to take extreme caution to make sure it does not infect your computer system. The virus has actually been around for many years, but when it gets on your system, your computer will think it is something new and treat it with a lot of importance and activity. The virus normally sneaks in through what seem like friendly e-mails, or files of large writings. It then attaches onto your operating system and starts to rewrite your execute files to start running everything through the new batch files it creates. At first you might not recognize the infection, as things will appear to run correctly. One of our assistance reported ... "One of our customers said he opened up Mirosoft Word and started typing a letter to his friend, when all of a sudden the words started editing themselves. Soon he could only write in the way the virus accepted, and he was frustrated with the amount of control it had taken." ... the virus does not stop there. Soon it takes personal records from your computer and e-mails them to the government computers, with notes saying "you should know about this." This has caused some customers to get arrested, audited or mailed letters to stop breaking any laws. Programmer Bill Smith mentioned something very important about the virus ... "This is probably the oddest virus I have ever seen, when I wrote what should have been a simple fix, it actually changed all of it ways of operating in a moments notice. Then it was like the other never existed and I could not find any evidence of it anymore." ... be sure to check in the "My Documents" folder of your computer as well, as many customers have reported 1000's of text files suddenly appearing. The virus seems to throw out all of your old text files and put in back up files to the virus, so that your computer can cross reference to it, and thus gain further staying power on your system. By far though, the most dangerous part of the virus is that it spreads to other computers very easy. If you are in a "networked system" the virus will send out it's program to all the computers in the network. If one system has enough virus protection to stop it, the other computers will take it off the network and no longer show it in the "Network Neighborhood." It has taken our technicians hours to fix this problem, and even when it is still fixed, it seems like the computer's connection to network is slower then it was before the infection. Programmer Bill Smith mentioned recently his progress on fixing the virus ... "Well we think we have a good hand on it now, and the fix is coming shortly. We expect something to be on the market very soon and will keep you posted. The hardest thing though, is that it might not work on every computer and thus you might be stuck with it longer then you expected." ... Bill later mentioned as a side note that he was also having a problem with the computers that were fixed, still showing traits of the virus after he got it out of the system. He mentioned that the computer sometimes called or connected to computers he had not fixed yet, to try to get the virus back. One computer even started feeding off of other viruses to feed it's need for the virus it had been cleaned of. We here at Mirosoft can not express enough how important it is that you look out for this virus. It has already been reported as showing up in other countries with computers with no virus protection, as well as spreading into computer systems of older people who do not even know what a virus is. So please, make sure you download the "Freemind Fix" and the "Stand on you own Fix" from our main website immediately. Never accept any files from any friends or family members who mention being infected, and watch out for it being attached to programs they send you labeled "games and fun." This virus has been rated a "5" on the danger scale, which means it is destructive to your computer system and has a extremely high infection rate. Please forward any future questions to [email protected]. The virus tech department My thought Dragon

Edited by - kenpodragon on 8 October 2002 13:36:6

• SpannerintheWorks
  • DJ
    DJ

Thanks Dragon. Why is it called the "JW" virus? Did I miss something? Sorta, ironic?

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

LMAO!

A knaves religion is always the rottenest thing about him." John Ruskin, 19th-century British critic and author

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

It's not really a virus, I wrote that as a satire of how I see the Jehovah's Witness infection in people's lives. I was just playing around. I have been told my sense of humor is a little odd some times. LOL

Edited by - kenpodragon on 8 October 2002 14:10:21

• rocky220
    rocky220

Tanks fo' da heads up!!!...rocky220

• mamashel
    mamashel

Ken, that is a scream ! LMAO.

thanks for the laugh.

mamashel

• DJ
    DJ

Sheeeeeesh Dragon! LMAO...........!! I thought it sounded way to familiar. Have you been smoking that stuff with Valis?

Good one! Dj

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon
    Have you been smoking that stuff with Valis?

No, just to much coffee!!! LOL

Take Care

Dragon

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hee ... cool piece of writing ... so glad to have finally got rid of that particular piece of trojan spyware ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit