Hey, New To The Board

by ColdRedRain 20 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

As for community college, I never really thought about it, lol. I always used to think it was "Evil".

That's just one of the many things you'll have to unlearn as you shake off the borg influence. There's probably a lot of things, habits, and thought processes JW related that haven't even surfaced yet for you that you'll have to shake off.

Non of my JW relatives went to college following the advice of the society and they're all bouncing around from one low wage job to the next struggling now to make ends meet.. There's not many businesses out there that offer OJT right out the box right now. Almost all are lookiing for people who have some type of supplemental education.

When I was in my late 20's I started making my way out the borg and the first thing I decided to do was go back to school. Since high school my basic opportunities revolved around flipping burgers and frying seafood at various steakhouses and seafood restaurants. I had my in-laws, my wife, and different pairs of elders over my house almost every weekend for about half a year telling me that I was wasting my time, and that the time I spent going to school could be more valuable out in the ministry. One elder even went as far to say that when I finished school, that I'd only be able to get marginal employment not making any more than what I was making then. Since then, I've finished school and have increased my income 400%. My wife now works when and if she wants to and not because she has to. My standard of living improved so dramatically, the last time a group of elders came by to talk to me, they were more interested in talking about my latest hobby, flying light aircraft, than they were about discussing anything JW related. They never even mentioned anything JW related. I let them know I was having the time of my life; an ex-jw's best revenge.

I can only imagine where I'd be right now If I'd taken the advice of those "company men" who claimed to be so interested in what was in my best interest. They were just parroting the same old company lines. I could see the envy in their eyes, that I had broken away and was living a full rich life without the hassles of going to 5 meetings a week and always having to "watch how i walk......and watch how I talk.....".

Getting from under their influence positively changed my life and there's testimonials all over this BB attesting to the sme results. It can change your life too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit