New letter, re: Fully Utilizing Kingdom Hall Auditoriums

by suavojr 113 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    SO the days of large congregations are over small 70 pubs max thats it thats the strategy now you can have 6cong meet in one small building that is public friendly.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

tim3I0rd: To play devils advocate... I have been told by close friends that they are actually building kingdom halls in south Florida. Some kingdom halls are actually overcrowded in that area and there is a need for more.

Plus, it makes good business sense for them to build in south Florida; they should be able to sell the buildings there whenever they want. As somebody already said, I bet they're not building in economically depressed Smallville.

• poopie
    poopie
    Some of these cobe have become little Napoleons with power trips now they will rule over 70 or less. Now more bro will forced to reach out because they cant just fade into large congregation.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

Do you think they might discontinue the year book due to the negative (possible) growth?

Or just leave out the figures, and put it down to: "As an organisation, we shouldn't care about numbers"....

Anything is now possible in this cult.

I do wonder when their will be an "eureka" moment, where a large percentage of JWs suddenly question what the f*ck is going on.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The yearbook will continue but the stats are already buried.
  • millie210
    millie210

From the letter:

Could a congregation relocate to an auditorium with sufficient parking and seating?

Sufficient parking and seating is a trying to cast a positive light on not enough people

Is their writing getting more transparent or do I just see it now? Thiey are so obvious in the spin, trying to make it sound like a positive.

What is really being said:

Could a congregation that has shrunk relocate to another small congregation since there is obviously plenty of room for parking and seating?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Know what I find really disturbing? The use (multiple times) of the words "Master Plan." If that's doesn't scream "old Krout-controlling-Nazi-cult-leadership", I don't know what does. That is really creepy and weird.
    "Ya Schroeder, Franz told me dat ve hav to cut bach on uzing da gas chambers so much, ve need to conserve da Zyclon-B."

It has always struck me, particularly post Rutherford, the disproportionate no of GB with teutonic sounding names.

Hope noone is offended.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Millie, it's that you've finally had the scales drop from your eyes. Amazing isn't it?
  • steve2
    steve2

Decline in meeting attendances has never been so positively spun as amalgamation to better manage "overcrowding".

The use of the word "auditoriums" shows the focus is on streamlining not on "building" up local congregations.

I have yet to see any publication such as the Kingdom Ministry attempt to address the fact that the mid-week meeting is poorly attended and the Sunday meeting not as well attended as it once was.

Amalgamate and the decline becomes less obvious.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    So, is this letter only for the elders? Not to be read to the congregation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit