UN & Df'ing

by Tashawaa 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I'm curious... does anyone know of situations where JW inquiring into the UN have been DF'd? I did all the research and got info from the original sources (so when I show my family there's no doubt). I wrote the Society once, then got the "usual" reply (2 weeks later) - wrote again, this time pointing out specifics and wanting answers, but instead I got Df'd (hmmm, 3 weeks later) for living with my sister (who was disassociated for some time, and was no big secret here in my congregation). I still haven't got an answer from the WTBTS. They based the Df'ing of Sept '81 Watchtower (hmmm, whatever happened to Watchtower 1974 pg 470???), but failed to read the following study article dealing with relatives who live with you... also I believe the elders manual makes it clear that relatives are only df'd if they have "spiritual assn" or "condone the wrongdoing" of which I haven't done and they never accused me of, they "got me" on eating a meal. They took all of 5 min. to let me know their decision.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Looks to me like the WT is in full attack mode to silence anyone who dares to question them.

I sure would like some copies of that original sourced information. Like yours, my family too have been conditioned to believe that anything from the internet is Satan's spawn also. E-mail me if you're willing to share.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sounds like you got a bum deal, but perhaps a 'blessing' in desguise. I've never been a JW, so I have very little information, in fact only what I've read on this board. I'm sure others will have some insight into your sitiuation. Good luck or should I say 'best wishes'.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Just think now you can put up a xmas tree! Happy df'ing

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I've been silently "surfing" this site, reading and learning alot. With the UN, I went to the sites listed on the threads in here, and also "GOOGLED" main words. Then I just went to the source material on websites that was researched. I emailed the UN twice, and both times they answered within the hour. The UN website is a great source, I just printed the brochure and emailed the library (they've been getting a ton of questions because they're totally prepared to answer your questions)...

I'm not depressed about the df'ing, I'm looking forward to the rest of my life. I found that family that didn't like me supporting my sister already disowned me, and family that understood, still does.

Personally, I think this UN thing is a clincher... I mean, sit down and read the Watchtower 1991 June issues dealing with "Their Refuge - A Lie" - they're bashing religions that are apart of the UN 3 months before they joined. Part of why I did the full research myself was because at first I didn't "believe" it - I thought it was apostate lies (liars, liars, pants on fire) soooo, I figure no harm done in checking it out for myself. Hmmmm, no harm... what a wake up call. Thanks.;)

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

By the way, WELCOME to the board Tashawaa. In case you're not aware of one of the great features of this board, you can go to the top left hand corner and click on 'Search'. .. then type in any subject...i.e. UN, shunning, whatever and the search will list out several threads containing your subject. I hope you stay a while ... all comments to threards are encouraged and really welcomed.

• ugg
    ugg

hi and welcome tashawaa,,,,,i was wondering this also??? if i got all the information about the U.N.

and wrote and confronted the society what would happen???? i mean if you pointed every thing out to them they would have to respond,,right??? how could they not...and if they couldn't get you on anything,,,,they would HAVE to explain,,,it cannot be wrong to question if you have proof right????

i have been interested in doing this,,,but have wondered what the result would be!!! would love to hear opinions also.....thanks....

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

ugg; just try it,, and let all in your cong. see what you found....you can be sure god's sprit directed org. will show you their special brand of christian love....straight out the door....john

• ugg
    ugg

johnny cip,,,,,i do not question what you said the out come might be,,,I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT????????

i have been in the borg about 25+ years....if all the evidence was
    gathered,,,and sent to brooklyn,,,,from somebody who has done
    nothing wrong,,and in "good" standing in the congregation,,,what could
    they do????

if the facts are there,,presented properly,,requesting clairification,,
    and an explaination,,,wouldn't they have to do so?????????????

i am REALLY CURIOUS about this...i am not in good standing,,hahahahahaha
    gee,,what a surprize that must be,,,for some reason,,this is real
    important to me...

does anybody know?????

• Robdar
    Robdar

Tashawaa,

I am so glad that you checked it all out for yourself.

Believe it or not, I had been out of the org for years and then one day last year decided that I might want to go back to the meetings. I put Jehovah's Witness in my search engine and found this site. Not long after, the UN scandal broke and I realized, with a certainty, that the WTS was all a lie, and not to be trusted.

I thank God for this site. It helped me become truly free after years of wondering if I had done the right thing in leaving the org.

My congratulations to you on your new freedom.

Love,

Robyn

PS: Thank you Simon for this DB. It seems that I am saying that a lot to you lately.

Love,

R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit