Curious JW Insurance salesman...

by cognitivedizzy 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i was a very busy life insurance salesman when i was a dub back in the 60's---and so were a lot of other brothers i knew. easy money--pick your own hours---ideal dub-job.
  • SoCal101
    SoCal101
    I remember my dad, back in the 80's, getting extremely upset that there was a brother in our hall selling insurance to others in the congregation. He said that they were showing lack of faith that the end was so near . Unfortunately, his tune remains the same.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

There is a double standard when it comes to that. Most could trace it back to 1975. We are to preach the end is imminent, but we can not live our lives as if the end was coming tomorrow. You have to buy life insurance and if you don't, don't ever say it is because the org says the end is coming. You would not want the org to be blamed for that like it happened back in 75.

If you cling to your materials things (instead of giving them to the org) then you are not being alert of the impending end but if you do not provide and prepare for the future of your family, then you are worst than those without faith.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    If you judge JWs by their actions, it is evident that none of them believe The End(TM) is really near.

DOC,

That may be true of most JWs and of the org as a whole, but there are plenty of individual JWs that I have been involved with that do act like the end is near. They put off enjoyment of life, learning an instrument, saving money, going to college, and on and on, because "the end" is near. Most were full-time servants, but some were R&F JWs.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ StarTrekAngel...

Makes the Org sound bipolar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit