Wolves in sheep clothing

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys
    I have been before a JC for drunkenness. I was treated so poorly, even though no one knew of my sin, I told the elders the whole truth. All I can say is next time if ever that happens I will disassociate, the hypocrites say D F is a loving provision, I say its a god dishonouring process. I felt during the whole process that my life was in the balance. A sad day for Brotherly love.
  • Listener
    Listener
    Thank you for sharing your story Israel and sorry to hear what you went through. It is important that these stories are written and shared with others. For those of us that have already left it confirms that our story is not unique and what we experienced was not because we were a bad person but because the organization is unloving.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Ditto.........but left after the second.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Question:

"Who will separate us from the love of the Christ? Will tribulation or distress or persecution or hunger or nakedness or danger or sword?" (Romans 8:35)

A Judicial Committee of little Napoleons????

Answer:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38,39)

They can separate you from the "love" of their imaginary "brotherhood", but they're doing you a favour - not punishing you!

• tiki
    tiki
    Be glad you found your freedom. Live happily ever after!!!
  • Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    The young lady ended up moving away 6 months later but since I was DF'd, we couldnt speak. Even though she was unbaptized, any reprimands she received must have been in private. Never heard from her since.
  • done4good
    done4good

Certainly not my exact story, (I avoided DF, mostly due to a friend on the committee), however I learned there and then the judicial process is nothing more than WT politics at the expense of human beings. I left voluntarily 5 months later.

To add: The judicial process did not cause my initial awakening, (that already was in process), but it surely provided the kick in the ass I needed to leave for good.

d4g

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I learned about "preferential treatment" at a very young age - 10. An MS and his family moved into our Congregation with his family, which included a 13-yr old bold named David. Of course, since Daddy MS was an MS already, he had instant authority. David, (who had to repeat a few years of school because of his family moving around so much) was in my 4th grade class. David was a totally two-faced double-lifer manipulative bully. He hated and resented that I was a straight-A student, and overall JW goody-two-shoes at the time. So, David took it upon himself to gather the other bullies and have the crap kicked out of me on almost daily basis. After several Principal calls later, my parents were fed up with this incredible treatment, and actually took photos of my bruised body. (this was 1989, BTW). A meeting was called between our families one Saturday at the Kingdom Hall. At said meeting, I was questioned by this Daddy MS about what I was doing, etc and eventually it was stated by Daddy MS that "I" must be bringing these beatings upon myself!!!!!!! Basically, we were treated to a, "Blame the Victim Party", and I was the guest of honour. I was 10 years old, David was 13!!!! WTF???? I can't recall how my parents handled it, but I left that meeting bawling, and I never saw the Organization the same way ever again. So much for "Divine Protection." I never had a lick of problems in grade school up until this point, and now a 13-yr old JW had kicked the crap out of me repeatedly and somehow, "I" was responsible for my own belittlement??? Something switched on in me that year. I said, "F*ck this hateful environment", and never trusted another JW ever again. Several years later (I was 16 I believe) I was visiting a different Congregation for the Memorial. I was taking a leak in a stall when David and some other guy walked in. They didn't know (or care?) that anyone else was in there. They were talking about which Pioneer Sister they wanted to bang. At the Memorial!!!!! What a freakin' scumbag that guy turned out to be. Be he was a manipulative narcissist, so everyone thought he was just great!! Well guess what? They can have that douchebag. They can keep him. I never had to sit in a JC, but sitting in a meeting were an MS who was new got to question me about my own beatings, and then turning it around to make it out like it was my fault and deserved it, was enough for me. I was 10! I can really feel for how you all. I felt so violated and like I didn't matter.....
  • prologos
    prologos
    Wolves? more aptly named Hyenas.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

Don't be sorry for it, they are not the true religion anyway, there is no one true organization. God deals with people individually, not with organizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit