Wolves in sheep clothing

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

I was baptized then I was 15 years old and just entering high school. I had been a perfect JW teenager through out my high school years, although I craved to be a little bit worldly. When I graduated high school, I moved out and got a job working with my older non-JW brother. I quickly began living a double life for nearly a year. My conscience could not take it any longer and I voluntarily went to the elders to confess and get back on the narrow road that leads to everlasting life.

I truly believed that I was repentant and that ONLY unrepentant sinners were disfellowshipped. Up until then, the only person I had personally eyewitness attend their own their DFing announcement, stood up, flipped off the elder and walked out. So, it made sense that ONLY unrepentant sinners were DF'd.

Boy was I dead wrong. I laid everything on the line, totally open and honest about everything I had engaged in, even though I was shocked at some of the questions they asked. When they told me that their decision was to DF, it was like an atomic bomb went off inside my body and I literally lost feeling in my extremities. I was 19 and innocent of the DF'ing process and procedures, so I asked if I would still get my KM's. One of the elders looked at me puzzled and said, "Of course not, those are for kingdom ministers. It says OUR kingdom ministry. You are no longer a JW." I was completely devastated and utterly shocked. Unfortunately, I would get more chances to eyewitness the wolves fangs hiding beneath sheep clothing.

After a year of giving up on ever coming back, I came crawling back and was reinstated after 6 months. Had not my family been there, NO ONE would have come up to me and given me a hug or tell me congrats. My family spared me that embarrassment. Keep that thought in mind, because history repeats itself.

I get reinstated to such a cold welcome that I knew right then and there, that God's love was not in that congregation. I decided that the second I got my privileges back, I was skipping town and changing congregations. And that I did. Funny thing is, the bible says God forgives and forgets, but JW's certainly do not forgive and forget. Little did I know that your sins stay with you forever in the JW world, especially public/private reproof and disfellowshipping.(Later on, when filling out bethel temporary worker application, it asked if you were ever DF'd and if yes, to give specifics.)

After changing congregations, the new elders didn't take too kindly to a new, handsome, (LOL) 21 year old brother who was zealous to make a new start. They falsely accused me of dating an unbaptized single sister and told me that she is an UNbaptized publisher, so she is still considered part of the world and I would not be following the command to marry only in the lord. I had barely even talked to her at meetings, let alone really flirt with her or talk to her outside kingdom hall walls. I was so enraged of being falsely accused me of something untrue, that I decided to pursue this beautiful UNbaptized sister, which ended up leading to fornication, and another disfellowshipping. That judicial committee meeting is another whole post altogether.

But it took me 2 years and 5 letters of reinstatement to get reinstated. After 6 months, I put in another letter like the first time. They told me that since I was DF'd once before, for the same "crime", that they needed more time to see evidence of my true repentance. I asked how much time and they said that they didn't know. I was pretty much more set in my ways of proving them wrong, than I was devastated of a rejection. I knew they were wrong by disfellowshipping me because they could not read my heart. I was the one to approach them, not the other way around. But that is not enough in the elders determining repentance.

Had I got rejected for a 5th time, I was prepared to give up. I had been the most faithful meeting attender in the congregation for 2 years and by the looks of everyone else's WT and books, I studied the hardest and most often. But, they decided to finally reinstate me.

This time, I didn't have my family there to lean on for support. Once they announced it, I was excited and overjoyed, but that would only last until the final song and prayer. No one came up to me to shake my hand, to give me a hug, to say congrats and welcome back. No one. I stood there after the Amen, and waited........ and waited..... and you guessed it, waited. After about a minute of what seemed like forever, and starting to feel that feeling again of rejection, I started putting my books in my briefcase as slowly as possible, putting away each pen and highlighter as slowly as possible, not looking up, but waiting for something. But all I got was cold hearted shunning, still! All that hard work and that is what I got. I left the kingdom hall in a stupor and flabbergasted that I cannot describe the feeling.

Don't ask me how or why, because I cannot answer, but I stuck out that cold reception and stayed in that congregation from 2001-2014 when I was DF'd for the 3rd and final time. This time, I was DF'd for apostasy, knowing too much about "the truth about the truth".

The elders are supposed to be caring, loving shepherds. Even the elders (all elders who DF'd me moved away) whom I considered as close friends and had always encouraged me to reach out to be an elder, turned their back on me in the blink of an eye when they began to have suspicions of me and became aware of my doubts with the organization. Wolves in sheep clothing.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

As far as I can tell Ricky the Organization that calls itself Jehovah's Witnesses exploits the natural desire of people to feel loved and accepted. They crap on about God not being partial, but they are happy to judge and condemn on matters which are none of their business.They say God is love, but they are the masters of cruel unloving behavior. They say God forgives but they certainly reserve the right to hold your mistakes against you forever.

They are hypocrites and liars and you are better off without them.

Congrats on waking up to ttatt xo

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212
    Now you get to live your life to the fullest!! ❤️
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DFd THREE TIMES?

Guess you're a slow learner too. Took me damn near 60 years to figure out TTATT.

But I did learn to be like the exemplary King David: (Psalm 32:5) . . . “I shall make confession over my transgressions [ONLY] to Jehovah. And you yourself pardoned the error of my sins."

The greatest revenge is to live a happy and successful life!

Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111
    A far too common story. I can relate to it.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30

I will never ever be able to wrap my mind about how baptizing 'kids' an holding them accountable towards a religion - as an adult - is acceptable?

On the other hand, the JC arrangement is a damn joke. 3 men telling a person they are basically 'dismissed' is so sad...who gave them such authority?!

• clarity
    clarity

Ricky ...glad you are where you should be .... awake! What mean evil- hearted religionists are in those kh's. Wishing you all the best in your new challenges. I am also hanging on, sometimes strongly & sometimes just by my finger-tips ....but happy to be standing for honesty!

clarity

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I was publicly reproved for drunkenness in my early 20s. I started dating a girl roughly two years later and her parents loved me at first until they got wind of this stain on my reputation.

They made it so difficult for us that I gave up on the relationship. Had it not been for that, I would have almost certainly married her. Oh well, road not taken and what not.

Sad thing was the congregations were littered with youthful "sinners" who either kept their behavior hidden or were given free passes, but I got drunk a few times when I was young and discovering what my alcohol tolerance was and had my reputation ruined as a result.

All's well that ends well, though.

• zeb
    zeb
    so what became of the beautiful ub sister?
  • steve2
    steve2

Man, Ricky, you've been through the mill. I would not wish your treatment on anyone. That said, had they treated you with even a modicum of decency, you may well have remained asleep at the wheel and continued sleep-walking your way through life as a somewhat romantically distracted young, good looking man.

You're out, third time lucky. Given what you now know about the organization, how could their treatment of you been any different from what it was? Many's the time that it has been the behaviour of those with positions of power in the organization who have inadvertently opened up the eyes and minds of the ones they are punishing so they can see the writing on the wall:

The organization is like every single other religious organization on the face of the earth: Under the blinding spell, guardianship and direction of men who are as prone to weakness and cruelty as the next.

Let's hope that, with the passing of time, you will thank the most unlikely source for having fully opened your eyes: The conduct of men in positions of power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit