Can someone explain to me ......

by notoneoftheboys 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• notoneoftheboys
    notoneoftheboys

I was never told before I got baptised that I would loose my family if I got disfellowshipped.

no one told me I would get disfellowshipped if I had a blood transfusion

no one told me that the GB was all powerful and tolerate no dissention

That if I spoke to a D/F person I would get disfellowshipped.

No one told me in my marriage bed there were rules if broken D/F shipping resulted.

I was told my brothers would die or care for me

I was never told that I would be taken to the back room and severely reprimanded for minor sins.

no one said the Elders could do as we say not as we do

in the early 80s we had lots of tv evangelists, GB were very critical of using tv to solicit funds. Now we have god knows how many millions spent on JW broadcasting and who else asking for money but the GB.

why was I never told once I got baptised that I could not argue or question the direction from the GB or be disfellowshipped, yet during the bible study of the truth book I could say what I liked.

I was never told my wife and I would be interrogated into aspects of our love life where did that come from??

Why is it then when I bring these absoloute truths forward I am told Jehovah speaks thru the GB as he did with Moses.

And lastly why was I so blind I did not see????

• blondie
    blondie

It is not in the WTS publications available to the rank and file but the Elders Manual says that taking a transfusion and not being repentant is disassociating yourself, saying you no longer want to be a jw.

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/bloodmain.htm

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's shocking to me you didn't know those things. You must have been in a radically liberal, sheltered hall in order to have not known those things were going on.

You mentioned the early 80s. You must have been around during The Great Apostasy--the equivalent of the Salem witch trials for dubs.

They were hardcore back then--it was standard procedure to read a scripture specifying what sin someone committed while they did their mass disfellowshippings. They were even ritually shunning unbaptized children (they called it 'disassociating' back then--same thing--sin announced and shunning required).

You must have lived in an interesting area that didn't even know any of that was going on elsewhere?!! Did you read the publications about shunning, oral sex, etc. back then? They used to have special needs talks.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Why is it then when I bring these absoloute truths forward I am told Jehovah speaks thru the GB as he did with Moses.

If you were a born in and are told to associate only with other Dubs and are kept busy as many elders are it explains a big part of it in my opinion.

I have read on here recently about the announcement of the overlapping generation nonsense in the Watchtower how many did not realize or question the import of such a huge doctrinal shift thing that it was. I realize some are trapped in some are there to satisfy their ego's and others are just dumb as sticks.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

notoneoftheboys, I am not shocked that you didn't know such things. I could have written this post. I started studying when I was nine years old in 1969. I was told that if a family member was DF'd I could still have a family relationship with them, just not talk about "spiritual matters". The entire focus was on the end coming in 1975. There was no discussion of dissension, only the wonderful "Truth" we were learning and how important the preaching work was-- Millions were going to die. It was our job to warn them. Of course my pioneer bible conductor didn't talk about sex other than to say that pre-marital sex was forbidden. I was a child. The rules about sexual relations in marriage came later. My husband and I bristled at them, but obeyed blindly. Disassociation for talking with a DF'd person came later. I was not baptised into an organization. They even changed that vow.

I'm sorry you feel so betrayed. The pain will ease in time.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Uhh, folks...pretty sure notoneoftheboys is just trying to make a point.

He gets it. But thousands don't.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You're behind me in that queue!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think all of us here keep asking ourselves that question.

This might help. Not with answering that question, but with distracting you from worrying about it.

Image result for beating head against wall gif Image result for beating head against wall gif

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For numerous psychological circumstances people are lured into religion, a great part is that is they are compelled to do better for themselves and maybe other as a socialized group endeavor..

The unfortunate thing with organized religion is that most of it is devised to serve and be obedient to men and their guidance as a form of spiritual direction.

There men derive and base their direction from reading ancient manuscripts by a civilization that existed thousands of years ago. There are still good valuable social directions to be found in those writings but there is also old harmful moral standards to be found there as well This is where an over abundance of dogmatic oppression makes it ugly head , it can bring ruin to many people, particularly in high controlling organizations like the JWS.

• clarity
    clarity

I'm with you Sail Away ..... all this crap that we clearly see today, was not the focus. We 'studied' the Paradise book, and got baptised within months because of the assured1975 Armageddon/paradise campaign!

Because we could ask any question and voice any doubts at that time, why should we think getting dunked would change all that. Well change it did .........immediately!

Imaging how far witnesses would get if they knocked on the door and told the truth! Knock knock................goodmorning, we are here to share the good news that if you study with us, we will break-up your family and no one will talk to you ever again! Unless you say you are sorry and spend 1 or 2 years sitting at the back of the hall in silence! You must throw your children away if they break the rules and hate them & call them mentally diseased!

Who would ever think that would ever happen, Many don't know because with a huge smile on their wt faces,they hide all that stuff under their skirts!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit