The Enormous Price of Lack of Faith

by Zechariah 22 Replies latest jw friends

• kevin221
    kevin221

Zechariah you wrote:

"It was very interesting to see how lack of trust in God causes irrational fear that people will be willing to sacrafice all their wealth, their comforts, and even the lives of their children."

Man I wish I had spotted this Senate session on CSPAN! (sarcasm intended)

Now on to my point, exactly what parallel universe do you exist in Zech?

Are you implying that people who don't believe and or trust in "God" are somehow inferior to those of you who do? Seems to me that's what you're getting at, but I don't want to put words in your mouth, so please let me know if I've misunderstood your post. Just in case I've understood you correctly, here are just a few points rebutting your statements. Feel free to respond if you so desire.

I have as yet never met a "non God believer" that held any fears I would label as irrational, excluding those who were mentally challenged to begin with. I have however met SEVERAL "God believers" who constantly worried if today was the day the "end" would come, of if there was some evil "non God believer" behind the nearest bush, waiting to jump out and "persecute" them for their religious beliefs. Which of the above mentioned mind sets sounds more "rational" to you? Don't be upset with yourself if you choose the wrong answer, I understand it must be upsetting to concede your point.

You didn't specify if "God believers" outside the Christian Judeo belief structure were included in your statement, so I will assume they are unless you advise otherwise. Please specify if you are referring to all "God believers" or only those who believe in and fear the same "God" as you. I don't know of anyone personally that would be willing to "sacrifice their children" for any reason, "God believer" or not. I know it's a common practice in some Muslim countries for a "God fearing" man to murder his child if they have caused the family shame. Ah justice, in the name of "God". It just makes you want to jump up and sing his praises, doesn't it? I realise this doesn't jive with the assumptions you posted but don't be too hard on yourself, anyone can make a mistake.

I fail to see how your rant holds water, but being a "non God believer" myself, I may be suffering from some form of hysterical delusion. No doubt it was brought on by my irrational "non God believing" fear of Iraq, but I need to be sure. I'll take a Lithium and re read your post to make sure I haven't taken it out of context. I have plenty of Lithium to spare, so let me know if you'd like to try one the next time those pesky "spiritual forces" start to bother you.

Take care,
    Kevin

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Kevin221,

(sarcasm intended)

You should give a course on sarcasm. You do it so well.

Now on to my point, exactly what parallel universe do you exist in Zech?

What you describe as a parallel universe is not far from the truth. I certainly live in another world than you and all unbelievers in the creator. I can see all the invisible forces with the eye of faith that make life what it is and that animates man.

Are you implying that people who don't believe and or trust in "God" are somehow inferior to those of you who do? Seems to me that's what you're getting at, but I don't want to put words in your mouth, so please let me know if I've misunderstood your post. Just in case I've understood you correctly, here are just a few points rebutting your statements. Feel free to respond if you so desire.

I think I would indeed like to respond. There are people more fortunate than others in terms of money, intelligence, looks etc. Though their greater blessings cannot be denied they would be wrong in trying to deny we all are created equal in the eyes of God. No man is better than another.

I certainly don't think I am better than anyone and it is a cheap shot on your part to insinuate I was ever implying that. Every man has unique blessings. I am not exceptional in my own estimation in looks, education, knowledge, money or any other thing.

I only recently here in my old age (53) am become aware I have one exceptional quality that I match up against anyone and that is my faith. I have come to know that faith is the essential quality a man must possess for a relationship with God. It was with Abraham the quality that made him Gods friend and not any works or special knowledge. But whatever special blessings God gives a man the man has the obligation to use that gift to honor God and to show love of his brother.

This is the special gift God has given me together with the responsibility for sharing it with others with the intent of encouraging them to store their treasures in heaven (spiritual things like belief and faith) that will make them truly rich in way no man can take it from them.

Zechariah in the Bible was commissioned by od to go to his people and tell them to get on with completely the building of the temple. Gods temple is within man. It is to be furnished with spiritual ornaments (fruitages of the spirit). If we complete the temple within ourselves we become perfect in th way of being completely equipped for every good works. Then God has promised to oen up the flood gates with his any blessings.

I am sorry that for whatever reason people think I should keep my opinions to myself but I'm driven by my desire is to please God (creator) and show my love of neighbor by declaring his existence and ourselves as his product. We are wonderfully MADE.

I have as yet never met a "non God believer" that held any fears I would label as irrational, excluding those who were mentally challenged to begin with. I have however met SEVERAL "God believers" who constantly worried if today was the day the "end" would come, of if there was some evil "non God believer" behind the nearest bush, waiting to jump out and "persecute" them for their religious beliefs. Which of the above mentioned mind sets sounds more "rational" to you? Don't be upset with yourself if you choose the wrong answer, I understand it must be upsetting to concede your point.
    You didn't specify if "God believers" outside the Christian Judeo belief structure were included in your statement, so I will assume they are unless you advise otherwise. Please specify if you are referring to all "God believers" or only those who believe in and fear the same "God" as you. I don't know of anyone personally that would be willing to "sacrifice their children" for any reason, "God believer" or not. I know it's a common practice in some Muslim countries for a "God fearing" man to murder his child if they have caused the family shame. Ah justice, in the name of "God". It just makes you want to jump up and sing his praises, doesn't it? I realise this doesn't jive with the assumptions you posted but don't be too hard on yourself, anyone can make a mistake.
    I fail to see how your rant holds water, but being a "non God believer" myself, I may be suffering from some form of hysterical delusion. No doubt it was brought on by my irrational "non God believing" fear of Iraq, but I need to be sure. I'll take a Lithium and re read your post to make sure I haven't taken it out of context. I have plenty of Lithium to spare, so let me know if you'd like to try one the next time those pesky "spiritual forces" start to bother you.

All you have said here I will answer by clarifying what I always mean by God. God is the creator by whatever name one calls him. Though there is many Gods and many Lords there is only one creator. Religion and belief in the creator are two seperate and distinct things. The Interfaith movement IMO is the fulfillment of Bible prohecy that all men would know the name of they creator. Not his proper name but rather his reputation as creator of us all.

There is no use talking about religion before we answer the question for ourselves whether the creator exists period. Some say I belong to Paul. Some say I belong to Appollos. We all belong to Christ.

Without those pesky spirit forces I speak of there could be no life. The spirit is that which animates us. All things physical is the hardware. All things spirital is the software telling the hardware what, when. who. how, and why to do it.

Face it... If anyone needs to reevaluate their positions it is you the unbeliever.

Zechariah
    MODERN DAY PHILOSOPHER

• Realist
    Realist

my god!

get a science book you poor thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit