The Enormous Price of Lack of Faith

by Zechariah 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Pettygrudger,

Perspective is the difference. Optimism and pessimism make for two different worlds, bibles, etc.You take the low road , I take the high road. You count your troubles, I count my blessings. You feel God cannot be trusted, I feel he is completely trustworthy. You can find no evidence that God exists, I can find nothing but evidence he does.

Isn't it fascinating. We physically live in the same world sharing most of the same events. Yet our perspectives are like night and day.It I have determined is very true that each man creates his own world.

I will continue to expose people to the World according to Zechariah. It a real nice place to be.

Zechariah

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

This is going to be an a-holish comment so don't give it too much thought.

Remove the hostile arab governments and set up democracy based ones so all this shit can be over with because GOD ain't doing a damn thing. If any others want to f-with our country they know whats going to happen to them and they should know to keep to themselves.

The other option is to basically kill them all and have those involved divy up the oil fields.

I prefer the first.

My faith is in civilized countries who will "protect" the rest of the world. Miracles were evident in Jesus' time and before. I don't have faith in someone who can't even show the world the smallest thing in the last 2000 years to make us believe in him.

TT

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Zech,

Just for the record, I do have faith.

I have "enormous' faith that one day, religion and the God-concept will be abolished by self-aware and thinking people who finally figure out that they have everything within themselves they need.

Frankly, God, religion, and the Bible are tools for codependent people to remain codependent.

FP

• Robdar
    Robdar
    They do not trust that God controls the limits of what man is allowed to do destructively as he does with nature. He will not ever let us suffer beyond what we can bear. Trust in God and you will be saved. Lack of faith makes us act desperately in fear and unwisely attempt to save ourselves.

Faith in God is rewarded by God with supernatural help. We can't underestimate its power

Tell that to the Jews that died in Nazi Germany. 6 million of them died before God sent the supernatural forces of the Allies to stop the slaughter. I am sure they received great comfort knowing they were "fulfilling God's prophecy".

Are you in a manic phase, dude?

I believe that you must have optimism. But to be too optimistic is to become unbalanced.

Freedom isn't free you know. I am not saying that we should wage war on Iraq because we shouldn't. Our personal freedoms are not threatened by Sadam.

I just think that you need to get back home from never never land.

Edited by - robdar on 7 October 2002 0:2:47

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

How can anybody deny the multitude of testimonials of miracles people experienced during and after the tragedy. The heroes and the victims all gave credit to God. Are they all delusional or is it you thats spiritually blind without the eyes to see the unseen. (Faith)

How come the religious always imagine that miracles occur during or after tragedies. I don't think I could count the number of times I've heard this line of BS. We've all heard the stories from friends where a loved one has become sick but is now getting better because God is answering their prayers. BS, BS, BS. Show me a real miracle. Show me a miracle that will convince everyone that there is a God. Show me a miracle that will stand the test of time. Why do we have to rely on miracles so questionable that logic can easily find another reasonable explanation?

Give us a God with the power to actually do something.

pseudo

• Robdar
    Robdar
    How can anybody deny the multitude of testimonials of miracles people experienced during and after the tragedy. The heroes and the victims all gave credit to God. Are they all delusional or is it you thats spiritually blind without the eyes to see the unseen. (Faith)

Yes, they do give credit to God. But we never get to hear the stories from the dead people who also called on God but who didn't get their prayers answered. I am sure they had faith too. We only get to hear the stories of the survivors.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    You take the low road , I take the high road. You count your troubles, I count my blessings. You feel God cannot be trusted, I feel he is completely trustworthy. You can find no evidence that God exists, I can find nothing but evidence he does.

Isn't it fascinating. We physically live in the same world sharing most of the same events. Yet our perspectives are like night and day.It I have determined is very true that each man creates his own world.

I will continue to expose people to the World according to Zechariah. It a real nice place to be

Zechariah

I am so glad that you feel good about yourself. Nothing like a fool's paradise.

• COMF
    COMF

Zechariah, man, you are a complete idiot.

You're flippin' and floppin about now, from sheer delight at being so persecuted, and at having me act so predictably, huh.

God never allows us as mankind and not individuals to suffer beyond our ability to recover.

Wow... isn't that a source of comfort to the individual. "I'm going down, but mankind will survive."

Without the belief that God exists and that spiritual forces exist there is hopelessness. The world without God is too dangerous to live.

I harbor no belief that God or spiritual forces exist. But contrary to your claim, I live a happy, positive life. That hopelessness you speak of is yours, man, not everybody's. You're only speaking for yourself and other paranoid types like you. The world without God is exactly what we are in right now. It's exactly as dangerous as it is, no more, no less.

If I clung to belief in God, I would hope it would be due to something more than just a fear that things are out of control and an inner need for the illusion of a hand on the wheel.

Edited by - COMF on 7 October 2002 2:5:59

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

COMF,

You're flippin' and floppin about now, from sheer delight at being so persecuted, and at having me act so predictably, huh.

You mean like calling me a complete idiot. I admit I get pleasure when you guys act so predictably (bad) as you say. But though you may try to persecute me I never feel perscuted. I regard it a victory that what I say causes discomfort. Calling God Dog is quite juvenile don't you think. But I understand the pressure you're under :)...

Wow... isn't that a source of comfort to the individual. "I'm going down, but mankind will survive."

Alot of new understandings about life and death contribute to new attitudes . This physical life is only temporary and is the least part of a man. Our spiritual lives if in faith is everlasting. Do not be afraid of he that can just destroy the body but not body and soul in Gehena. Yes , to respond to your question knowing God will not again allow man to be wiped from the face of the earth can be great comfort to us. Knowing this eliminates the great unnecessary fear of the end of the world by various means. See my post on IRAQ....

The creator like in the game PACman after PACman should loose a life can reactivate him or reincarnate him for another play. This if you believed it can give you a new lease on life.

Zechariah

• Realist
    Realist

Zech,

that is one weird fantasy world you are living in! did you come up with all this shit by yourself or was it God's spirit that enlightened you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit