Confusion!!!

by santacruzchick 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Dia
    Dia

God is always near and He hears you wherever you are. Spend some time talking to Him about your situation and your feelings and thoughts.

It seems rough and confusing now, but eventually, you will work your way through this and find what you need.

If you look, you will see that JWs worship and trust the Watchtower Society and the Governing Body, a group of ordinary men (tho they wouldn't say that) in Brooklyn, New York. And not God.

God is not amused. God is not deceived.

But God is not hiding, either.

'Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened.'

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

first, congratulations on going to school.

second, do as jjrizo states do your homework; We picked up the book Crisis of Conscience (Ray Franz). it brings you an insight as to how the GB operates. His other book In Search of Christian Freedom is also a good one to follow up on. both can be ordered through Amazon.com or www.commentarypress.com the latter Ray gets more of the proceeds. Good luck.

third continue with this web site.

Edited by - imanaliento on 6 October 2002 16:57:7

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Santacruz,

I have no special advice; only a welcome.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Don't be scared santacruzchick, there's nothing to be scared about. You're not going to get killed at armageddon because you didn't believe the wtbts - if that were the case I'd be lining up to blaspheme against God myself - but it's not the case - it's just a threat that the wt has used on you after using an unspiritual approach to scriptures.

You ask, "Is this entire religion and lifestyle i've grown up with fake?" - well, rather than bluntly answer yes, I put to you to consider the thoughts that the wtbts has for the other religions.

And you ask "Is there any truth to Jehovah's Witnesses teachings?" - well, not really. Like jizro wrote - even a broken clock is right twice in a day. Parroting some of the scriptures is about the only truth I've heard - whatever they think it means though is another story.

You've written "but i still feel a tie to it, i feel as if there HAS to be some truth to it". But how can there be? They are wrong in their prophecy, wrong in their understanding of scripture, wrong in covering up their "old light", wrong in not helping the poor, wrong in not loving their enemies, wrong through using conditions, wrong in judging everyone else, wrong in the cost of protecting their image, etc. etc................ Hopefully what you feel is a tie to God, and the given reponse-ability that you have for all others - particularly those you actually know.

It's very hard to let things go - that's one of Jesus' teachings. Is God not kinder than me? Well, I'm not going to kill you at the end of the world soon, because you don't measure up.

I heard a gb member say yesterday when questioned - "we don't go beyond the things written" and it was clear what he meant - what's literally down on paper - two witness etc. That is what jwism understands - I thought then that, "the measure you give..."

"the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life"

"you are a letter from Christ..written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God"

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 6 October 2002 17:51:48

• jurs
    jurs

When I read your posting I noticed that you've tried several ways of avoiding meeting. You didn't give your address, been sick , busy , ect. Instead of focusing on your fear of what the JW's say will happen if you don't go to meetings THINK about why you don't want to go..... because obviously you don't want to be there.

Perhaps you don't want to be at meetings because you know that the next step is dedication.....and Also you maybe thinking that this is how your life will be for a very long time... Do you REALLY want this :

1. 3 Boring meetings a week, that you have to prepare for and take a big chunk out of your week. Field service. Its part of the JW package and remember if you by chance get a bible study You will be out EVERY week. Think about Holidays and be honest with yourself (remember Jehovah knows whats in your heart ) No holidays... Do you kindof wish you could have fun too but stop yourself because you feel guilty. What about dating, having non JW friends, Having dreams that aren't pioneering ???? Do you just love conventions and assemblies. perhaps they'll be what you'll do on part of your vacation. The other part of your Fun filled vacation can be a trip to Bethel !!!! Woohoo!!!!!! DO YOU REALLY WANT to have a laundry list of no no's that you'll have to follow to be a good JW. The music you listen to, the program on tv, the movies, books, your clothing ect.... Do you want to go dancing at a bar with a friend and have a drink ? Because if you do , you know that you shouldn't as a JW.

Maybe you don't want to go to meetings because you really don't buy the crap that these people are really happy. Your scared that your going to be destroyed. Its an organization filled with well meaning but brainwashed people who live their lives based on FEAR and GUILT. Do you want that for yourself and in the future for your kids???? My advice to you is to follow Jesus rather than an organization. Are you saying to yourself "but this is the only org that pleases God" Hmmmm Do your research.... One day you'll chuckle to think that you once believed that God 's org started in New york or back east anyway. My advice to you is do your research. Don't allow ignorance to stiffle your life .. Do your homework on the org. Question beliefs. You'll later be glad you did.

take care JURS

Ta

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I hear you with the guilt thing. I had that for 10 years and only in the last few months stopped feeling guilty and supressing the fact I may die at Armogeddon.

Once you do some digging, even if you think they still have some true doctrines, you'll see how the headquarters operates you'll think twice about this cult. It's nice to have a bunch of friends who think the same way you do but having friends who are honest with you and will give differing opinions about things is more benificial to rounding out your personality.

JWs are a bunch of robots, as you see many refer to them as the borg (from Star Treck if for some crazy reason you don't know)....they don't think for themselves and can never disagree with the governing body. They are programmed and assimilated. They are uncaring to any not a part of their cult and deep down they only want to make you a part of it.

They rule by fear and guilt - you have both because of them...is that how you want to live? College will open your eyes to LIFE. Also I recomend joining a fraternity/sorority. From my college experience it is far better to go through college this way than being a "dormie". You'll learn responsibility, how to handle authority, and meet life long friends.

Good Luck - glad you're using your intelligence to research and learn.

TT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit