Confusion!!!

by santacruzchick 15 Replies latest jw friends

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

I'm soooo confused!!! I grew up in the 'truth'. About 4 years ago my parents divorced. My father was never a witness, but my mother was. An elder helped her through the divorce, and even though the divorce wasn't on grounds of adultry, she didn't get disfellowshipped. Shortly after the divorce my mother stopped going to the meetings as much as she did. Work took up most of her time so she began finding less and less time for the meetings. I would go with her to the meetings. So when she stopped going, I stopped going too. Sooo...for these past few years I've been to the meetings few times. A sister stopped by my house one day and asked if i wanted to study, she knew that i used to attend the meetings regularly with my mom. I didn't really WANT to study, but i would feel bad for her and feel guilty if i didn't study. So I studied with this sister for about one year. She was really nice and 'pressured' me into going to the meetings again, though i always 'had something to do' or 'got sick' or 'had something come up last minute' for alot of the meetings to get myself out of going. About 3 weeks ago I moved to college, about 100 miles from home. The sister asked if i wanted her to contact witnesses in the area of my college to continue studying, i said 'sure' because i didn't want to offend her. But i mananged to leave for college before she could ask for my address at college (the first time she asked for it i told her i didn't have it yet). All these years i've been out of the truth, so to say, i've been feeling guilty about not being in the truth. I feel like i've upset Jehovah and like i'm pleasing Satan. Most of all, i feel scared, scared that armaggedon is going to come and i won't be in the truth, scared that i'll die and not get the chance to live forever. After looking at this site, and listening to the first part of that dateline 'silencing of the lambs (i know that not exaclty the title but i can't think of it right now) I'm even more confused. Is this entire religion and lifestyle i've grown up with fake? Is there any truth to Jehovah's Witnesses teachings? I feel the need to abandon it altogether, but i still feel a tie to it, i feel as if there HAS to be some truth to it. Yet i don't feel as 'enthusiastic' about it as i used to, it seems to be a 'chore' to study the bible and whatnot. Well, i just wanted to get these feelings out there, maybe some of my utter confusion can be cleared up. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this...

(This is the same post thats in 'Announcements', but, obviously, since I'm new I didn't notice I was posting in the wrong place, lol)

• Valis
    Valis

santacruzchick...um this is what we call spamming the board. You other thread was getting responses and there isn't any particular reason you need to post it again. No big deal, just a small reminder. We can't have you looking silly so early in your JW.com experience can we? BTW...welcome to the board..*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• santacruzchick
    santacruzchick

Lol, sorry, I was just hoping to get a little more replies, thanks for telling me tho

• Been there
    Been there

Dear Santa,

Welcome to the board, hang around and alot of your confusion should go away. IMO this is your chance to just walk away. Alot of people have felt the guilt, myself included, I didn't know then what I know about them now. If I had I wouldn't have let them have my time. Since you were making up excuses to not go to meetings you must not have wanted to go. Are you trying to protect the feelings of the lady that studied with you, more then your own? Don't! She will get over it and go on to someone else. Get though college right now. You will be busy. If it still bugs you when you get out then try again.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Don't worry, we are all paying attention, just sometimes can't put the words together to reply to every post and it takes a lot of energy. What I will say to you though is this:

sometimes I want to shout to people like yourself to say escape while you can. We have been entrapped and are now free. Look at the hundreds of thousands like us who gave the best parts of their lives in slavery over to a man made organisation. Get out while you can.

We feel just as strongly as that new person in the truth, who, without fear of man, wants to shout and tell the whole world about how to save their life at Gods impending war against mankind. Except we have a small audience consisting of only Jehovah's Witnesses. And it is their lives I would wish to save, in the sense to save them from wasting it, and possibly literally save it.

I take courage from all the people on this board, some of whom I have met and are a lot older than me, who somehow live without anger that they have spent so many years being 'milked' by the so called 'truth'.

Edited by - ballistic on 6 October 2002 15:51:29

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

District Overbeer,

Don't be so hard on a "newbie"!! She was NOT getting the responses that she deserved with her orig post which was in the "Announcements" forum.

Orig Post Date: Oct 4, 2002 00:36

Replies: 6 in TWO DAYS - that is not a heck of alot for a post of this importance to someone just new on the forum.

I did a "bttt" today and she only got one more reply to raise the total to a big 7.

Save your "knee jerk reaction" to yell at someone who really does deserves to be accused of "spamming the board" and leave the sincere newbies alone. They'll learn the board rules in time. No need to scare them off before they even begin.

NewLight2

• Valis
    Valis
    She was NOT getting the responses that she deserved with her orig post which was in the "Announcements" forum.

Welcome to the reality of this board.

Save your "knee jerk reaction" to yell at someone who really does deserves to be accused of "spamming the board" and leave the sincere newbies alone. They'll learn the board rules in time. No need to scare them off before they even begin.

Knee jerk reaction...? You don't know me from jack NewLight2...there is nothing wrong with supplying newbies with tidbits of info/advice and IMO I used kid gloves in addressing santacruzchick. Save your own "knee jerk" reaction for the day you have a clue.

Don't worry, we are all paying attention, just sometimes can't put the words together to reply to every post and it takes a lot of energy.

Exactly! This relates my point...threads come and go and some die and some get tons of responses, warranted or not.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Realist
    Realist

hello Santachick!

i think you should take the chance and leave the org quietly now that you have the chance to do so.

the basic idea of christianity which is to love your fellow human beings and to be a decent person is certainly a good thing. however everything else (especially all the rules the witnesses teach) is total nonsense.

if you have doubts about if they really are the true religion read their earlier (as well as current) publications. http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

the GB is about as inspired as everyone else who wildly guesses what will happen in the future.

• footprints
    footprints

santacruzchick;
    Is this entire religion and lifestyle i've grown up with fake?
    When someone or something pretends to be somthing it is not, it is a fake.
    The Watchtower pretends to be Gods only channel of communication and the only light possiable in this dark world.
    Jesus said "I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD: HE THAT FOLLOWETH ME SHALL NOT WALK IN DARKNESS, BUT SHALL HAVE THE LIGHT OF LIFE"
    The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are not the light. They are fakers, imposters.

Is there any truth to Jehovah's Witnesses teachings?
    There are many correct teachings. As is true of most religions even Budist. Very few of them are practiced thought.
    You will find it really shocking to watch Elders, cheat, lie and steal, Circit and District Overseers take bribes. and sexual predators at every level being shielded and protected.

If you can........ run like hell, don't look back. It will save you many heart aches

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

SCC - take your time, and learn. Almost all here have had to live for a time with the guilt & fear of walking away from the "truth", and it is scary as hell......so take it one step at a time.

When you can - learn the truth of the origins of this religion, their many inconsistencies etc. etc. If you can read "Crisis of Conscious" - should be a real eye opener for you.

It won't happen overnight - but it will get easier. And post your questions here too, you'll find some so gifted in the understandings of the bible that its almost like a real bible study (no offense intended - meant as a compliment).

And good luck in school. Just open your mind & the "truth" will speak for itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit