Ye of Little Faith

by Zechariah 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

I am pained by the lack of faith by people on the board recently both in God and in general.

It is obvious that unbelievers in God would have such lack of faith. But it is not confined to them alone but to others that though believers in God have little trust and confidence in him.

These of little faith constantly cry for proof and evidence both of God existence or in the case of Bill Bowens letter to the WTS proof of Govering Body members guilt as child molesters. They haven't the ability to believe or have faith without physical evidence.

One of my main mentors is TV minister Fred Price which I watch every Sunday morning. He said some very applicable things in regard to faith and the lack of that is contributing to the negative atmosphere here on the board.

17"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." 18Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.
    19Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"
    20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

A person if willing to believe and who sees the power within has already seen and will continue to see miracles that Bill Bowen has performed in the name of God.

John 20
    Jesus Appears to Thomas
    24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
    But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

Thomas clearly illustrated that belief is something we choose and not something that just happens to us if there is enough physical evidence. Most of the skeptics on the board are driven by the spirit of Thomas and don't realize it. They have to see, feel, touch or smell something for themselves physically before they will believe.

26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
    28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

At some time God may provide or others may provide convincing evidence that forces doubters to believe very basically. But they are not ones who will be blessed by God as they lack the ability to believe without physical evidence. This problem of little faith will affect every aspect of their lives contributing to fear, mistrust, hopeessness, and insecurity. It makes them give up and self sabotage their goals and aspirations out of fear and doubt of achieving them.

Fortunately we have among us those with mustard seed sized faith that can move mountains enough to compensate for the lack of those of little faith.

29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Faith is the the assured expectation of things hoped for. The evident demonstration (evidence) of realities though not beheld. Faith is a sixth sense of sorts . It is another way of seeing. The Bible says that a christian or man of God walks by faith and not by sight.

30Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31But these are written that you may[1] believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

2 Chronicles 20:20
    Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, "Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful."

I have clearly expressed openly my very real belief God is still using prophets to accomplish his purpose to bring relief and justice to children and other oppressed ones. It is obvious to me that Bills inspirations in regards to Silentlambs demands our faith and confidence in him and by extension God who sends him.

Unbelievers will try to dismiss this notion by saying the JWs also think they represent God. The difference is that they have given us no reason for us to trust them. To the contary. Bill Bowen on the other hand has delivered big time and has performed many miracles to date. No brag just fact.

May God open your eyes so you can see there is more with us than there is with them. (angelic hoards).

Stop your doubts and fears. Trust, believe and have faith.

Zechariah

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

One cannot have faith unless God gives it out.

Faith is fruitage of the Spirit, not of man.

• Valis
    Valis

One of my main mentors is TV minister Fred Price which I watch every Sunday morning.

That explains a lot...you must believe everything you see on TV...So sorry you are bothered by a lack of faith and you have such low opinions of us who choose not to believe in a diety, but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see what having faith does to so many/ and their families..perhaps you should take all that apollogist bullshit somewhere else. BTW, you still provide no evidence on which to base even your own faith much less be able to support the notion that others have an apalling lack of belief in any version of a Christian Dog.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Valis,

Man's best friend is a dog (God).

• COMF
    COMF
    These of little faith constantly cry for proof and evidence both of God existence

No we don't. We accept things the way they are, and go on living normal lives. You guys are the ones always harping on this.

They haven't the ability to believe or have faith without physical evidence.

You say this as though it were bad, or unusual. But when the car won't start, how long do you sit there turning the key, "having faith without physical evidence", before you accept the reality and take matters into your own hands? It's no different with God. Give it a chance, try and see, hang in a little bit in an effort to be thorough, and when nothing happens, you accept that this is how it is.

Of course, it's necessary for you to look down condescendingly on anyone who doesn't see things the way you do; that's the nature of you folks. Believe without evidence, and condemn anything that threatens your unsubstantiated beliefs.

Sheet... too short...

Edited by - COMF on 6 October 2002 13:41:31

• Valis
  • Valis
    Valis

COMF, it was so good to see you yesterday at that Christian wedding we attended. Do you think the pastor cared perhaps I was not a member of his congregation, or that maybe I didn't believe in the religious business? Or perhaps he was rejoicing and speaking to me and shaking my hand because we were there for both our FRIENDS? To me that's the difference between true followers of Christianity and all the apollogist dipfucks out there with control issues in regards people living outside the confines of crackpot religion.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Is it just me, or has the whole Christianity thing just got really, really boring of late ?

Endless witterings by the insane ...

• Undecided
    Undecided

Name one war that didn't involve religion or some sort of God or faith.

Ken P.

• COMF
    COMF

I respect Andi and Neil as two of the most sincere and mature Christians I've known in my life, Valis. They accept us as we are, without being judgmental and without trying to force their beliefs on us. Andi has told me before that she believes I'm right where I'm supposed to be in my spiritual journey. Hey, man, now THAT is a faith I can respect!

The preacher-guy was cool, too. Rather than act judgmental about your girlfriend's visible tattoos, or ignore them, he confided that he also has considered getting one, and struck up a friendly conversation about it. I was impressed.

Edited by - COMF on 6 October 2002 15:18:57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit