Hooray, My wife is getting out!

by JG 22 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF
    and possibly start going to the first Nazarene church.

From the skillet to the fire, eh? Why not just be free of the whole thing?

• JG
    JG

Comf,

We both believe, Just because the guys in brooklyn have got it all screwed up doesn't mean we have to step away from spirituality. I go to church because i come out feeling better than when I went in. God is still real to me and If we can find a place to worship together then that is the best thing we can do for ourselves and our kids. I have a very personal relationship with God, it doesn't have to be reached through a church, but sometimes it does help. The Nazarenes have the best sommunity group of the churches we have looked at. many things for every age group, both social and spiritual. My prob with it is it's very 700 club coming from my background as a Catholic. But I'm willing to overlook the strangeness of how things seem, and see if I can connect with God and the people there. I hope you have all that you need and find all that you are looking for

Love in Christ to you,

Sean

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hummm,

Sounds like the JDub's feel she is "ripe for reprogramming".

If I were her, I wouldn't bring up anything about "da'g" or "df'g" fears or concerns. If she doesn't want to have any discussions with them at all, that's fine. She doesn't owe them anything.

She can put the answering machine on, and look outside before she answers the door. If they confront her out in public, she can avoid any discussion, by just telling them she is very busy, and will call them when she has time for them.

Or, if she is very brave, she can simply tell them that she has decided for herself that she isn't "going back" into something that is totally wrong and cultish, or whatever. That way, she would be rid of them for good. They are so forceful and try to take control, so they must believe what she says is how she truly feels.

Who knows what they would do. Who cares really. Being free is the important thing.

Best Wishes to the both of you!

Sentinel/Karen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit