JW visit results in child drowning

by Nathan Natas 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Scully
    Scully

Every single shift that I go to work I talk to parents about their newborns and try to teach them that they should NEVER NEVER NEVER leave their baby unattended while they are bathing the baby.

I wonder if those JWs stuck around - it was obviously a Return Visit - to see the "fruitage" of their work??

Love, Scully

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Very good points made about reprogramming yourself not to have to answer the door or phone.

It made me think , that .....because JW children are so taught to listen to their elders, older ones, and obey, they are so much more open to being molested. That after all is the key way a molester uses his "adult" powers over a child. When I was a kid, growing up JW, you didnt question the "older men", you didnt question adults for that matter. Now that so much of this is going on, not just in JW land, but everywhere, there is so much more education on how to teach our kids.

Like yall said, we have to as adult learn to say no, to those phone calls, or other things that take us away from things more important. We have to teach our kids the same. I had a phone salesman get ugly with my little boy, for not getting me on the phone fast enough, boy did he get an earful when I got on the phone!. I told my son, he doesnt have to take that , and to hang up on anyone like that again. Actually we try not to let the younger kids answer the phone, but it happens at times.

But it scared my son, the way he talked to him and then my son got angry, and I said, you have a right to be angry, just because he is a grown up , doesnt give him an excuse to be rude.

Maybe by telling our kids now, they have rights, they can say no, they can question, they will not be like so many JW children that are silent victims. Then maybe they will grown up to be strong adults that will not let others push them around either.

• Scully
    Scully

Very good points made about reprogramming yourself not to have to answer the door or phone.

I have call display with Caller ID on my phone. I have a message centre that comes with my phone. If I'm right there and know this call is important, I'll answer myself. If it's one of those nuisance calls, I'll let the message centre pick it up.

This article certainly makes a good case for having an intercom system for visitors at your door.

By the way, as a night-shift worker, I often ignore the doorbell during the day when I'm trying to sleep. I figure if they can ignore the sign on my door that says Shift Worker Sleeping - Please Do NOT Ring the Doorbell, they don't deserve to have me answer the door to them.

Love, Scully

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

If I were those Jehovah's Witnesses I'd refuse to go witnessing ever again. Who is going to make them go after their visit resulted in the death of an innocent child? But then most JWs have been desensitized to causing pain and suffering.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I can't say that I would blame the dubs for this death. I agree with lyineyes.......it could have been anyone knocking on that door. Unfortunately, the mother is at fault. She left a child unattended in a bathtub.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Very good points being raised here. I will go ahead and throw in my few cents. I believe that the bottom line is that the mother should have either, 1. Not answered the door, 2. Took her child out of the bathtub and wrapped her in a towel to answer the door. She should not have left her in the tub.

But I agree with everyone else in saying that this is an experience that will NEVER make it to an assembly part. The elder/co/do giving the local circuit/district experiences for field service would never in his right mind bring up this horrible accident. They will only give positive experiences which prove that the angels are directing the preachinng work. I'm sure that the elders in the territory of where this happened will instruct everyone in the hall to not talk about this as it could in a round about way make Jehovah's name look bad.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This is a sad story.

I feel sorry for the mother, but a mother's first duty is to her child.

To get carried away in conversation with anyone who calls on the phone, or comes to our door, is not reason to pass the blame onto the ambulance crew or health personnel. It simply shows a lack of responsible behavior.

Also, obviously the father was there as well. Where was he? The mother had been up most of the night with the sick child, so she was probably worn out. Couldn't the mother have said to the father, "hey, I'm gonna be awhile with these people at the door", look after OUR child for a few minutes?

None of us are perfect. They will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Sorry, but the JW's might have arrived at a bad time, but this was in no way their fault. They are just out doing what they believe they are supposed to do. They didn't MAKE the woman answer her door, or take up a lengthly conversation with them. Obviously, if they had known a child was alone in a bathtub, without supervision, they would not have kept the mother involved in a discussion. No doubt, they are very upset as well.

Love and Light,

Sentinel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit