Please forgive me...!!

by ELON14 61 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome, Elon. I was worried as I read about your situation in the news. I'm glad that your immediate family is united with you in your decision.

I too extend my condolences to you and your family.

Most of us who post here have had our own moment of clarity. I cried when I read of yours and your family's.

Blondie

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hello Elon:

Welcome to the discussion board.

I was most distressed to read about your son. Please accept my sincere condolences.

I'm glad that your other family have come out of the Watchtower with you. There is nothing to ask for forgiveness for on your part. It is you whom the Governing Body should be asking for forgiveness from.

Expatbrit

• Funchback
    Funchback

Welcome, Elon!

Thanks for being open and kind. I look forward to reading about your current situation.

Take good care!

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Welcome to the rest of your (free) life. Sincerest sympathy on the loss of your son. I'm so glad to hear your family got out with you.

First thing you do when you really get OUT (as opposed to leaving physically but still believing) is say to yourself, "HOW was I ever so deceived? How COULD I have believe all that crap??"

Well, we did and we could. The WTS is very effective at brainwashing and mind control.

Good luck, looking forward to hearing your story.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to all your postings.

Leslie

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

May I extend a welcomed hand also. I hope that you find peace and serenity in your journey of recovery.

• benext
    benext

Echoing the above sentiments.

• ugg
    ugg

hi again,,,,i don't know if you remember but we met in chat one morning...i am so glad you are here. i cannot tell you how often i have
    thought of your family....

i hope you find comfort here...i hope being here will help mend your
    wounds...we are a nice group of people here...lots of understanding...

((((((((((((((((((((((((( for your family ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Elon,

You are very Welcome here! I look forward to reading more of your posts. Your journey is not unlike many others that have come here.

It is so difficult to realize how our lives have been so adveresely affected by the WTBTS. It seems you have suffered a great loss in the death of your son.

Now you are on the road to new beginnings.

Sentinel/Karen

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Elon,

I join with everyone so far who has welcomed you.

The only people who can forgive you are those you shared in misleading and those you abused while you had the power to do so. You may want to consider asking THEM to forgive you, not a bunch of strangers who may never have even read your life story in the Watchtower and Awake!

If I may, I'd like to suggest that one way you may find to heal and forgive yourself would be to use your courageous and strong voice that once served the Watchtower Society to now speak against them and work to reverse some of your "accomplishments" from prior years when you were misled.

If you simply walk away and do nothing your past may haunt you, and deservedly so.

You were misled, but now you're awake. What are you going to do about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit