Please forgive me...!!

by ELON14 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Elon,

I admire your courage for coming forth and posting. It gets easier with each post. Welcome.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, Elon. We've all felt guilt for allowing this organization to run our lives....but we were all masterfully manipulated and honestly thought we were doing God's work.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I hope that you'll find, not only knowledge and information here, but also peace and comfort.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Elon14

Welcome to the board. Please check your email my friend.

Thank you for posting and introducing yourself...you are among friends here. There are many of us who can relate to what you have been through, (ie. your tragic experience) and many of us can also relate to the feeling of having your eyes opened to the truth about the 'truth'.

I agree with Lilacs, you do not have to apologise...that was the way it was, but things are different now. Your life can now be structured on different things...your future will not be hindered with fear and guilt...you have so much to look forward to. Thank you for posting Elon14, I have thought of you often and am glad to finally make your acquaintance.

~Beck~

• DJ
    DJ

Elon,

Hello and WELCOME!!!!! In my opinion, you don't need our forgiveness. You know who forgives and heals. It was hardest for me to forgive myself! I finally did but it took time and prayer. I know that praying right now might be tough because you have guilt and possibly fear, etc. Been there too. Now is the time you really need him though. He will welcome you and guide you. By being here you can start the long process of recovery too. I just wanted to tell you that I am sad that you are so sad. It will get better and I just know that your son would forgive you too. Whatever it was......we all have sinned. Love, Dj

p.s. I think you sound like an amazing person just about to bloom!

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Welcome.

G.L.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Welcome to the forum, Elon. My condolences on your loss. I am glad that at least your eyes were opened, sorry it had to come at such a price.

Perhaps I print out your post here, staple it to your "life story" in the WT (or awake?), and pass it on to some of my friends and family..... and maybe you will help some others open their eyes yet.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    Perhaps I print out your post here, staple it to your "life story" in the WT (or awake?), and pass it on to some of my friends and family..... and maybe you will help some others open their eyes yet.

Sexy...that's exactly what I am going to do. I have a brother and sister who are inactive jw but still very pro-jw...I believe reading the above and the story that is to come will make all the difference.

~Beck~

ps, I hope you don't mind me called you Sexy

• email
    email

Welcome Elon... I too decided to post for the first time today after YEARS of research and over a year in this board. I takes longer than 4 months to heal... and you will still have questions and doubts... hang on!!...

Did you read Fred Franz's Crisis of Conscience? As an elder you will see how true his experience was and how the "Governing Body" works... AWSOME reading... great info...

Again... Welcome! and I am looking forward to hear more about your experiences... and... if possible I would like to read your experiences on the mags ;) so tell us all about it...

• ELON14
    ELON14

Thats amazing! All the encouragement...thank you so much guys for the warm welcome ,I feel as if I have found a new family .i look forward to keep in touch with all of you.

It is true that some in the congregation still keep in touch with me as they want to hear about the truth from me.some do it in secret and few not so much in secret.Apart from me,my wife and other son have left the org too and 4 more jw as the direct result of the same experience.

So thanks again for the warm welcome.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

WELCOME, Elon. No need to apologize. We were all misled.

Look forward to your posts.

Foxy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit