I need advice please......................

by Jesika 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Jesika
    Jesika

Since this will be my first time going to Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going on Oct 16-18. We are staying at the hotel Luxor--the one with the sqhinx in the frount.

So, tell me in the short time we are there (this my boyfriend's first time in Vegas too) what can we absolutly NOT miss??????????

TELL ME TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Jesika and Alex

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Jesica,

You won't miss anything! They won't let you!

Just walking thru all of the hotels is an experience in itself. The water show in front of the????(can't remember the hotel)...is excellent. You can't miss it.

They have a free ice show in front of another hotel(can't remember it either)

There are plenty of flyers everywhere that tells you whats happening and where.

You'll love it!

Sorry I don't remember the specifics.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The Bellagio is just down the street (on the same side). Fantastic water show with music in the evening in front of the hotel. I think it runs every 30 min or so...go to their website. That's on "The Strip"... you could travel to old downtown, I think it's Fremont Street, that's were the original Las Vegas was... it has the cowboy with the moving 'hitch-hicking' arm, also has a light show in the evening.

You can go online to see what's happening, or what shows are playing. Also, in the daytime you could go over to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, about a 40 min drive. Depends on how much time you have. Also, Vegas in the daytime looks totally different, like night and day (excuse the pun).

Have Fun. I live in L.A. .... must have gone there 30-40 times over the years... it's really changed. In some ways I like the old vegas... but it's pretty glitzy now... you'll have a blast....

Oh yeah... also, go to Caesars Palace, Bellagio (inside) and The Venetian (they have guys steering boats around a canal like Venice).

Edited by - Double Edge on 3 October 2002 14:39:45

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Also, if you gamble, there are better places than others. The Big Hotels are killers...they have high minimum bets, especially in the evenings on weekends. Ask a local where the best place to gamble is...They're usually old downtown or the hotels that are out on the road to Hoover Dam.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Sounds like a great time , Jesika, remember to take pics........LOL

You could come over to Shreveport, ( Louisiana for those who don't know) and gamble your heart out not far from home. We have 5 or 6 riverboats, and they are so nice. Just like a little Vegas. We have Boomtown, Horseshoe( my fav) , Harrah's, Cassino Magic, Hollywood, Isle of Capri, not sure what eles.Maybe that is all of them, the boats are so nice.

They have the best food, entertainment and host top name entertainers too. They have something they do in the spring and summer months, or weather permitting, called Rockin' on the Red, it is a roof top,( on the boat) dance party on Thursday nites. It is so cool to be a part of that, the smell of steaks , crawfish cooking, and live bands playing while you sit in the breeze and look at the lights of the city. It is one of my favorite things to do. I love live music, even when it is not that great LOL.

Hope ya come to visit us , and we will show you our Louisiana hospitality.

Hugs, Dede,,,,,,,,( so glad you got that job, congrats)

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I heard the Siegfield and Roy Magic Show is wonderful, however I think it's like $75 a person - someone confirm that. I think the animals are on display at some hotel. (Am I a lot of help or what - lol)

I also heard the FX Show was great. I would want to go just to see David Cassidy. Then I could relive my childhood from all those wonderful songs from the Partridge Family (I think I love you...)

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Jesika! You won't miss anything!!

• Jesika
    Jesika

Lyin--- I have been to Isle Capri, and stayed at horseshoe before. This is a trip that a bunch of my bf's co-workers are all going on. I will tell him about your invite!!! Would love to see you guys in your own backyard. Loving the job--ty.

Thank you everyone--I will pass this on to my bf--his money ya know--LOL

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I stand corrected, tickets to Siegfried and Roy are $105.50 EACH...ugh. And the tigers are on display at The Mirage. It's amazing what you can learn if you just use www.google.com.

I stand corrected again, Rick Springfield is the star now of the FX show. I met him at the Louvre in 1985. He was in disguise, however, I recognized him and said "Hi Rick..."

Edited by - TresHappy on 3 October 2002 16:29:1

Edited by - TresHappy on 3 October 2002 16:30:28

• Lin
    Lin

Cool Jes!!!! Larry said we'll be going sometime in November/combination business trip and fun! Whooohooo! You'll have to tell me all the good stuff when you get back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit