Where'd the Written Review Go?

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

good grief.

i hated those dang reviews. it showed how much i was sleeping.

i never took them seriously.

the only time i remember i dd EXCEPTIONALY well on those, is when i did the bible highlights for two months straight.

other than that, i slept through the w.r.'s as much as any meeting.

when i was there that is.

i prefered this: zzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz

• Francois
    Francois

What needs to end is the entire elder arrangement. My uncle, who was the congregation overseer all by his lonesome for years, predicted that the elder arrangement was going to be a huge failure.

"But," I objected, "isn't the elder arrangement a loving provision from Jehovah?"

"In a pig's eye," he retorted. He didn't believe any of that shit either, but it was his entre to social acceptance and he derived his self-confidence and validation from being the congregation overseer.

He was right. The elder arrangement is a total flop. There are elders in every congregation who arrogate to themselves the responsibility to come to your house unannounced to "adjust your thinking" who couldn't adjust the pilot light on your water heater. People will not follow that kind of "leadership."

Personally, I don't think the entire house of cards that Rutherford built can possibly stand much longer. When there are television programs about pedophilia in the JWs in Outer Mongolia, you know you've got a problem.

francois

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

As of the 2003 Service Meeting Year they have eliminated the "Written Review" ?

Perhaps it is because all the male members capable of reading above the 3rd grade level have since wisened up and left the Dubs.

Or maybe it is because after all of the negative publicity they are trying to slowly remove paper trails of a damning belief system.

Francois said:

The elder arrangement is a total flop. There are elders in every congregation who arrogate to themselves the responsibility to come to your house unannounced to "adjust your thinking" who couldn't adjust the pilot light on your water heater. People will not follow that kind of "leadership."

Damn right. I agree with you. I have seen it with my own eyes.

A relatively young elder (late 20's with no children) in a good ole boy network appointed when he didn't own a car, and lived out of a trailer park. Yet people who were moderately successful in life, older, more experienced, had children, etc... were supposed to ignore their own instinct and listen to his guidance?

HA!

Fuck the Dubs.

Karma is a bitch ain't it?

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 3 October 2002 17:19:9

• jimbob
    jimbob

Do you remember when they had grading scales on the written reviews? I can't remember exactly what the words were they used for scores....I think it went something like...Excellent, Better, Good. The last couple of years, whenever Written Review came around, we just didn't go. We felt like it was a waste of time to go get dressed up to take a test. Of course, I realize now it was all a waste of time!

Edited by - jimbob on 3 October 2002 20:0:50

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

What a shame!

I loved the written review .. well, for the first seven times and half a time anyway.. then armagedon came (in 197..?) and I began to lose interest ..

unclebruce

p.s: if Einstein was so smart why didn't he write a paper on time dilation in JW world? (where an hour can be a day and a day a thousand years) KH=JWsquare Is the Kingdom Hall is a Tardus that only goes in circles? (~~~the more things change the more they stay the same~~~)

• Swan
    Swan

I would love to see the Governing Body squirm during a test for once. Maybe we can talk NBC into putting them on The Weakest Link. That would be fun!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit