Confirmation?: Where's the Written Review? Do they not care
    about their own doctrine? The Oct.KM sez "Every two months,
    the school overseer will conduct an oral review".(insert
    for next years's Ministry School)

Just another opportunity for some shut eye zzzzzzzzzzz

metatron

• Matty
    Matty

Many of the older posters here will remember when the completed written review sheet had to be handed to the School Servant for marking! How awful!

Well, most bruvvas and sistas will be glad to see the back of this weird part of the meeting, where we sit in silence for half an hour, scribbling in our notepads!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Used to spend the time reading (and adding too ) the gafitti on the little cardboard squares they handed out for leaning on.

• blondie
    blondie

10/2002 KM Insert

ORAL REVIEW: 30 minutes. Every 2 months, the school overseer will conduct an oral review. It will be preceded by the consideration of a speech quality and highlights from the Bible reading as outlined above (done every week at the school). The oral review will be based on material considered in the school over the preceding 2 months, including the current week.

I doubt that the school overseer will be trusted to select or formulate the questions but will get a list under separate from from the WTS (sent to the PO).

"Dumbing down" is correct.

• benext
    benext

Was there a need to change it? The review was published in the KM in advance and anyone who cared to look the answers up could have done so.

• blondie
    blondie

Good question, benext. But I predict even lower attendance at this meeting than ever before as well as only 2 or 3 people answering at all.

Any ideas out there as to why the change?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Seems simple enough to me. Publishers were encouraged to do the research for the written review at home and then simple recall the answers from memory during the 25 minute (or however long) test time. Then a question and answer session took place. This simply skips the 25 minute test and goes right to the questions and answers and allows for more discussion rather than a quick 10 minute yes or no session. It doesn't sound like a dumbing-down to me at all, but I don't have all the facts.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Agree, Cygnus - doesn't seem like a dumbing-down, more like a brightening-up.

• BudLight
    BudLight

sounds logical Cygnus

• blondie
    blondie

It will be a dumbing down based on where I attend. Only the people who prepare answer. They used to know what to prepare for, now it could be any material of the last 2 months instead of the pre-selected material. Missing meetings was no problem either as far as missing material. You could even sleep through the meeting and still know what to prepare for with questions supplied beforehand. It will be like a pop quiz.

If anything, it will stay the same, the people who prepare for the meetings will be the only ones answering unless they ask simple, basic questions that a first year Bible student could answer.

The Sounds of Silence--what the theocratic school overseer hears when he asks a question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit